L2 head on L1 body!!! WOW

blgoode

Newly Enlightened
I was currious if my L1 body would run the L2 head safely. Almost the perfect low light with an L4 type high!!!!Will this damage the L2 head?? Its a maybe 3 year old or a tad older L2. Anyone else do this?? The L2 body also runs the L1 head but I am guessing the L1 head should not be driven by the L2 body.

Illum

Flashaholic
IIRC the L2 has its regulators built inside the body, while the L1 has it in the head...

All I know is if your running a regulator while having it connected to another regulator your asking for one or both regulators to fail.

Being that I do not have either of the lights I cannot say whether there will be the said damage, but proceed at your own risk regardless:ohgeez:

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC the L2 has its regulators built inside the body, while the L1 has it in the head...

All I know is if your running a regulator while having it connected to another regulator your asking for one or both regulators to fail.

Being that I do not have either of the lights I cannot say whether there will be the said damage, but proceed at your own risk regardless:ohgeez:

With the L1, the regulator is also in the body. The L1 head, like the L2 head is a dumb one.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Even if the driver was in the head, it still won't work.

The L1 has a boost circuit meant for a ~3.6v LED. If the input voltage is above the forward voltage of the LED, the LED will either be pushed severely or burn out of the driver will burn out.

1996alnl

Enlightened
I can't see why it wouldn't work.
Have the L1 but not the L2 otherwise i'd try it out.

blgoode

Newly Enlightened
Ill just switch em back. Don't want to kill any part of either light. Thanks.

blgoode

Newly Enlightened
I guess my thinking is that the
L2 head is meant for more power so the
L1 body shouldn't over drive it but what do I know :)

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like this one that Milky did....

l1l2.jpg

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'll be fine...both the L1 and L2 have the regulator in the body
The Lux V can take a lot more current than the Lux III/Cree, though it does have a higher Vf
Not gonna harm it, though when I did it, the L2 didn't light up on low

Bogie

Enlightened
It'll be fine...both the L1 and L2 have the regulator in the body
The Lux V can take a lot more current than the Lux III/Cree, though it does have a higher Vf
Not gonna harm it, though when I did it, the L2 didn't light up on low

Same here and the fact my L1's are Red & Green I'm not putting them on the L2 body.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, don't put the L1 head on a L2 body
You can put an L1 head on a 1x123 E series body, but it'll be direct drive only

lightfet

Newly Enlightened
I have both the new L1 & L2, the L2 head work well with L1 body a nice little light when use with AW RCR123.

blgoode

Newly Enlightened
I have both the new L1 & L2, the L2 head work well with L1 body a nice little light when use with AW RCR123.
It doesnt work so well for daytime "Spotting" type needs like, looking in nooks and crannies so I got the original L1 back together.