Thrower with zero spill?

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
im LOVIN my jetbeam ibs 3, but id love it more if it had zero spill (currently 90% hotspot 10% spill) , just the 225 lumens 100 feet away in a nice tight circle :party:

is there a light like this?

zero flood/spill, 100% projected light, thrower.?

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
ah!

that'll do it,

where does a flasaholic fool like myself buy a 1.25" aspheric lens for a jetbeam?

off to google i go :ohgeez:

unless someone can post a linky :devil:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
5 aspheric lenses for $20 shipped :party:

( i figured as its a long-ish wait, and ive got a few lights they might fit:whistle:)

something very 'divine' about 'throwing' light

:ironic:

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
If you go aspheric,......shoot.......might as well get the DEFT and be done with it.

:caution::broke::caution: Only if you got the cash though. :caution::broke::caution:

evenchaos

Newly Enlightened
Type "aspheric" into the search bar.

Since its on topic, I know you get plenty of throw with an aspheric, but aren't you wasting lumens by not having a reflector? One of those things that have always bothered me is what about the light that is hitting the sides of the bezel and not going into the lens?

I understand that the OP wants all the light into the hotspot in which case a TIROS optic would probably be best.

There is also a budget light i.e. UF-007 recoil flashlight on DX which has little spill but yes some light is lost due to reflection surface inefficiencies (I wonder how does it compare to an aspheric ?). There is a thead on the light in this forum ....

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is also a budget light i.e. UF-007 recoil flashlight on DX which has little spill but yes some light is lost due to reflection surface inefficiencies (I wonder how does it compare to an aspheric ?). There is a thead on the light in this forum ....
I have the Recoil. It is very cool and has potential but as it stands it is not all that great when put next to an A9 or Spear as far as throw is concerned. And it won't even come close to a decent aspheric setup.