I love 2C flashlights.

farmer17

Newly Enlightened
I really like the size and handling qualities of the 2C flashlights and was thinking about the Lowes Taskforce or the Target Riverrock. But then I noticed the standard 2C Maglite was only 15 bucks. Is the Maglite with a cheap drop-in LED as powerful as the other two lights? I was wanting to keep the total investment under $30.

UpChUcK

Enlightened
MagLED drop-in is ok at best. Not up to the Lowes TF as far as throw and not as smooth of a beam than the RR 2C in terms of flood. I have all three.

I'm going to use my 2C Mag as a host for an aspheric, RoP (w/ 2 AW C-cells + spacer) or Malkoff. Leaning towards a Malkoff but haven't decided yet. Not under $30 for any of them but will be better than the TF and RR.

darknessemitter

Enlightened
The Mag LED is pretty good considering that it's a Lux III drop in, but it won't be nearly as bright or efficient as the Taskforce or Riverrock. The drop in was very good when it first came out, but unfortunately Mag is pretty stubborn about upgrading their products.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those Mag 2C lights really do have a good feel in hand. I have one with a MagLED. Not the brightest, but bright enough, and a good reliable durable light.