What do you Carry your EDC in?

gbreckley

Newly Enlightened
Besides pockets of course. With a digital camera, PDA, a couple lights, a knife, a multitool and a wallet, my pockets are becoming a little bulky I like those dockers pants with all the built in pockets but can't afford to replace all my pants with them. I still need to wear Slacks 2-3 days a week.

I have searched all over the forum and have these two posts to go off and neither one has helped me out:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=221615&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=3&vc=1 www.tumi.com

The zip around PDA case shows the most promise but I need something a little more

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=233518&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=4&vc=1 Moutainsmith

Looking for something a little "dressier" along the tumi lines.

I have been all over ebags.com and can't find anything out there. Is there no good solution?

What are the rest of you who are, unfortunately, like me stuck in an office using?

NCBirdHunter

Newly Enlightened
gbreckley -

I can't get your links to work.

I see the word 'Mountainsmith' at the end of one of the links in your post. Last week, I posted about a Mountainsmith Tour pack that I carry everyday. It works great for me. I'd be happy to answer any questions about it you may have.

OzMan

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello gbreckley,

My Every Day Carry is a Leatherman Supertool and an ARC LSH-P with the 2 AA body. I found a Rip Off holster (CO-75) holds both of them with no problems. I purchased mine from Filmtools. I believe they were listed as a dealer on the Rip Off web site.

By the way, the CO-101 fits my Sony Clie very well (another EDC).

Tom

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
New Sun make some great pouches & bags.

This Thread contains more details about some of their products.

There's also the Nite-Ize Pock-Its:
pi_h.jpg

and

Mini Pock-Its
mpfeat.gif

gbreckley

Newly Enlightened
Chris - I had seen that one on ebags and it had peeked my interest I am glad to hear someone else is using one. I will put it on my list of possibilities.

Ozman - the second link is a link to your post a while back about your purse. I might be interested in that too but not as my edc bag, I need something a little "dressier"

NCBirdHunter

Newly Enlightened
You may also wish to consider Eagle Creek.

Before getting the Mountainsmith pack, I used to carry their Protect-It Pouch (pic below). That also worked very well for me, but as I continued to add things I wanted to EDC, I 'outgrew' it. If you're not interested in carrying quite as much as I do, I think it would make a great EDC bag (although it may not be quite dressy enough for you).

OzMan

40164_s.jpg

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i try to avoid the pocket protector nerd look myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
EDC these dayys at the office is a Swiss Card and ARC AAA in my pants pockets.

In the winter I have my leatherman PST, Led Lenser, Space Pen, golf pencil, lighter, comb, small scissors, and whistle in a Nite-Ize pouch in my heavy coat pocket.

Chris

NCBirdHunter

Newly Enlightened
<font color="red">E</font>very <font color="red">D</font>ay <font color="red">C</font>arry

paulr

Flashaholic
I use a large belt pack equivalent to a small backpack. I don't always carry it, so maybe it's not true EDC. The amount of EDC gadgets in it isn't that large (SAK, UKE 2L, a few other small things)--I normally use the pack for general purposes like carrying books and stuff.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know what you mean, I had the same problem as I work in an office environment too, I made myself a black leather pouch for my E2,Photon,Swisschamp, Small Sharpening rod, 2 spare DL123 batteries and spare 2016 batteries, it is very small about, 5 x 2.5 x 1.25, I even inlayed a Swiss army pin and looks nice,everyone thinks it´s a cellphone. I don`t have a camera but imagine an horizontal cellphone pouch with a leather flap on top and and one on the side. I had mine for almost 2 years and still looks new.

BTW it was my first sheath I ever made, If you do it Slowly and make a design in Powerpoint,Visio or Autocad, it should be easy, I used black carnauba as a paint/sealer.

Here is a forum about sheath making,

http://www.knifeforums.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB19&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=

HTH
Alex

cmendoza

Enlightened
I carry my BB400 in a mini mag clipped inside my left front pocket with a Brinkmann clip. It rides very well, much better than the Scorpion I tried to EDC in the past. The only time I notice it is sometimes sitting down sitting down (if I have my pager on the same side they occasionally bump).

Reaper

Enlightened
BB400 in holster on belt
Mini-socom in right pants pocket
Everything else goes into my ever present shoulder bag

Out here, it seems that 2 out of 5 shoulders a bag so it's a very familiar sight. The only time it seems out of place, is if I have to don a suit. But then again, I try not to.

gbreckley

Newly Enlightened
Still serachin'. Each of my things has a case as it were My PDA, Camera, Cell Phone. My Lights, Keys, Knife ride in my pockets. Usually I carry everything in my laptop bag. But I went out to a lunch the other day with a client and we ended up in his car and somehow I ended up with my camera (doing a site survey) my PDA (for taking notes during lunch) and Cell phone (for obvious reasons) I felt completely clumsy fumbling all these things around, I couldn't put them in my pockets as they were full of lights and other things.

This is when it hit that I needed something to put all this stuff in and carry with me that didn't look like a purse and wasn't a messenger bag or back pack. (Even though I am going to get one of those Mountainsmith bags for kicking around town just because OZMan has me convinced they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Where do I get on by the way?) So thus the beginning of my search. And still nothing seems to fit the bill just right.

NCBirdHunter

Newly Enlightened
gbreckley -

You can get the Mountainsmith packs online at Altrec or REI. There are also other brands such as North Face, Eagle Creek, Lowe Alpine, etc. (I just prefer the Mountainsmith packs). If you have a decent 'outfitter' store in your area (i.e., one that carries camping/backpacking gear) they probably carry them too.

Hope that helps...

OzMan