nitecore d10 help

phil000

Newly Enlightened
I got my girlfriend a Nitecore D10 for Xmas and now it won't work...

I had her to try different batteries: no light
...wiping off the contacts: She could access the forward switch function and the constant on but no clicking...
Then tried to wipe some of the lube off?then it stopped working again. She sent an email to 4sevens.com, but I figured I'd check with you lads.

And yes, I used the search function.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Phil

loanshark

Enlightened
Try to widen the gap in the split ring... Stick a small screwdriver in the split a twist a bit. Also rotate the ring a bit

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a bit unclear about a few of the terms you are using.
1. What is the "forward switch function" you are referring to.
2. There is no actual clicking with this light, except for the double quick presses of the switch that let you access Max or Min? Is that what you are talking about?

In any case, if the light isn't working at all now, be certain you are using good batteries. If you are using rechargables, try a brand new primary instead. Some rechargable brands are not well suited to this light.

If you already are using a new primary and the light isn't working, you still might have a contact problem, even though you cleaned the contacts. Be certain that the split ring is moving freely up and down. If not, rotate it until it does. A new light should be clean under the contact ring, but if any of the lube got under it, it might be causing your problem. Use a bit of contact cleaner UNDER the split ring. (Deoxit Red works great for this). Then gently press and rotate the ring a few times to clean that contact surface under the split ring.

If none of this works, 4Sevens will help with a new light, I am quite sure.

phil000

Newly Enlightened
Sorry about the apparently Vague terms.
the forward switch function is where you can use the light like an Inova x1/x5 tactical switch...hopefully that clears some things up on that front

and yes, no clicking, my bad, IIRC it's a 'tap' that turns it on. That's what I meant. My apologies.

And thank you very much for the ideas, and alkalines aren't working either...we'll try the split ring idea and try to fix it that way.