Best (and cheapest) place to buy an EverLed?

Mike75

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering what is the best place to buy an EverLed.
It must be reasonably priced too...
If you have any site in mind - please tell me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif))
Thanks.
Michael

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe LED Supply is currently the only distributor of the EverLED (sells for $39.99)

CPF member zmos recently organized a group buy and was selling the EverLED for $32.99, may be worth checking if he has any left.

See this thread for details.

Darkaway

Enlightened
Brightguy.com has greenie 2nds on their web site for $27.95.

Use extreme caution when installing the EverLed; it is intolerant of reverse polarity and it will fry if connected incorrectly.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody know anything about being able to buy all of the colors of the EverLEDs in a combo package? I heard about this a while ago and was wondering where you can buy this and for how much. Thanks.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Illuminatingbikr said:
Does anybody know anything about being able to buy all of the colors of the EverLEDs in a combo package? I heard about this a while ago and was wondering where you can buy this and for how much. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the original EverLED release thread:
[ QUOTE ]
Xing_Tsu said:

As to the future, I hear we may offer a limited edition, specially priced box set with all 6 colors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike75

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to understand: those "greenish" EverLeds at Brightguy.com - are they that bad to offer 12$ discount? Or is it some minor problem and nothing to be worried about? I was reading here about those EverLEDs being very bright and white - so how are "greenish" stand? Somebody have an experience with them?

zmoz

Enlightened
Unfortunately the ones I was selling are all gone. I think I will order some more...because they were so extremely popular. I run several online businesses...I've never sold so many things in such a short time in my life... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rajanf1

Newly Enlightened
Got this quoted from Brightguy before I did a purchase:

[ QUOTE ]
The seconds have a greenish tint to them... kinda like a dirty white
light. We have a another batch coming next week that will the the
standard white that you see with most white LEDs. The color output of
the 2nds is still pretty impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Mike75 said:
I'd like to understand: those "greenish" EverLeds at Brightguy.com - are they that bad to offer 12$ discount? Or is it some minor problem and nothing to be worried about? I was reading here about those EverLEDs being very bright and white - so how are "greenish" stand? Somebody have an experience with them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Empath

Flashaholic
I've had experience with green Luxeons. It's usually not a pleasing situation, but some are worse than others. Some hold no value for me at all.

Mike75

Newly Enlightened
Well, Empath, the price is surely tempting - but not that tempting to get some inferior LED which I'll hate...
DO you know if the "normal" ones from LED Supply are reliable? I don't want to pay more and finish with the same "greenish" thing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif((

Empath

Flashaholic
I've got two, one from Zmoz's group buy, and one from LED Dynamics. Both are exceptional. If LED Dynamics is sorting them enough to offer seconds, I'd find that encouraging. I wish I could say the same thing for the Epieon. The Epieon, judging from what I received, appears to do the sorting through customer returns. So far, based on personal experience, LED Dynamics seems to be trustworthy in the quality control area.