MTE SSC P7 stolen from registered package

faucon

Enlightened
When I picked up my DealExtreme shipment from the post office today, the shipping envelope was torn at one corner. It felt too light. When I squeezed the package, only the cardboard box was inside. Clearly someone had pulled the end of the box through the tear, opened it, and taken the flashlight while leaving only the box. This is a huge disappointment. I'll have to contact DealExtreme and deal with the hassles of the postal service. I hope I can somehow get reimbursed---especially since the light was sent to me via registered mail but still didn't get to me safely. :(

On a final sour note, the nincompoop postal clerk supervisor didn't believe me and expressed her worthless opinion that the flashlight couldn't possibly have fit through the tear---which of course it could have done and did.

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems to be a lot of postal theft lately. I just lost a knife sent to UK, same story, small tear on corner of bubble mailer, everything is there except the knife. Also a multitool sent to me also had tear on corner, luckily nothing was missing, guess the thief was interrupted before he could get to it. :mad:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I had a shipment from Canada stolen. Either US Customs or Canadian Customs helped themself to what was inside. I have no way of knowing. The forum member who sent the item, just sent me another one.

faucon

Enlightened
Sorry to hear that others have had similar problems. Shipping in a sturdy small box rather than vulnerable bubble envelopes would seem to be a much better idea!

Muddquez

Newly Enlightened
Poor packaging is more likely the cause. I find things falling out of parcels almost daily. I don't think people realize how rough packages are handled by parcel sorting machinery and clerks.

The Registered mail that comes from China is not the same a US Registered Mail. It is more like Certified Mail. Registered Mail is signed for by anyone who carries it so there is always someone responsible for it, It travels in registered sacks and It doesn't get lost.

That doesn't mean things never get stolen from the mail, they do. It's not very common and the Postal Service makes examples out of those who steal.
I don't know anyone who would risk their career for a flashlight.

linterno

Enlightened
Ask the Post Office for a note about the opened/empty shipment and open a ticket with DealExtreme.

Last year the same thing happened to me with a DealExtreme shipment. I sent them the Post Office note and the sent me a replacement.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear that others have had similar problems. Shipping in a sturdy small box rather than vulnerable bubble envelopes would seem to be a much better idea!

An easy way to fix this is to reinforce all of the sides and corners with a good amount of 3M packing tape. I tape all of the corners and the regular seal gets tape also.