Angel A arrived today

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
After seeing the deal at PTS on the Wolf Eyes Angel A, I decided to take the plunge:party:. My first 14500 experience was the LumaPower Connexion.
I like that light alot with its 3 settings and the GITC tail cap. It's easy to operate and looks cool.

Since I had the LP Connexion I thought the WE Angel A would be a luxury, redundant item. That was an incorrect conclusion..:crazy:.....

Today my WE Angel A arrived with an AW 14500 cell. I charged it up and then.... WOW!!!!!!!! on high it is noticably brighter than the LP Connexion. It's primary setting is high, with a low that's around 30 lumens IMHO.
The tailcap takes ALOT of pressure to operate. Once on it's easy to touch the switch and go between hi and low.

My only concern is that the literature that came with the light says it has FOUR settings 3 plus a strobe. My light has 2 settings HIGH and a "medium low" Do I have a version that is 2 stage ?:thinking: or do I need to call Mike at PTS?

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try using a regular Alkaline battery.

The 14500 might be too much voltage to reach the other level.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you. I tried a NiMah rechargable cell and it was still 2 settings, then tried an Alk and it was as bright as the LP connexion on 14500 high!:grin2:
yet still 2 settings HIGH and low/medium.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Angel AX and I had to check the modes on my light because I forgot what the levels were. I had to use my light and refer to my review to find out what my levels or modes were.

My light is 3 level, high, medium and low.

After I read my review and clicked on the link to PTS I remembered that there was 3 options when I ordered the light. I ordered the 3 mode.

Check towards the bottom of the page and you can see the options you can choose. The instructions are probably for 4 mode light.

Angel AX

Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks!!! for the links. That's a pretty bright 5 lumens, no prob

Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
The switch is the toughest I've seen to operate with one hand. It also sometimes will not go to the low setting.
It is bright, and I do like it; yet that switch is an issue

Last edited:

electric sheep

Enlightened
Mine sometimes goes single mode and then back to four mode. On standard AA's it will often be single mode. I still love the light for EDC and it's very efficient on standard AA's but i prefer 14500's.