Primary 123 or rechargeables ??

J-FRAME

Newly Enlightened
My EDC for 10 yrs has been a 6p original round.Recently I put a Malkoff M60 in it and could not be happier. That said my primary stash is running low and I have been thinking of going to Battery Station rcr123a rechargeables or boring the original 6p body to fit a 18650 protected rechargeable. Also I may have to spring for a Malkoff M60 MC-E later so I need a direction to go.I have a identical 6p as a spare and a backup light so its a double down affair.Please offer me some wisdom as I,m a newbie. Thanks

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't use flashlight a lot or drain your batteries everyday, I would recommend primaries.

But if you decide to go with RCR, You will need at least 4, 2 in the light and 2 for backup. That makes a total of $28 (AW cells). You will also need a charger: $15 (WF139) and charge them every 2 weeks to keep them ready to use. I bought tons of RCR back when I started to buy flashlights, including AW, trustfire and batteryjunction brands. They are rechargeable and will last a long time before becoming useless, but the capacity of a RCR is only the half of a primary and in some lights you will even lose the modes.

Right now I own a great amount of primaries, about 70, panasonic, sanyo and titanium. Since I don't use flashlight that much, about 2 batteries per month, these will last me few years without worrying about charging and in an emergency i can just grab a bunch of them.

J-FRAME

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the responce. I understand what your saying about using a light all day versus short time use. Keep it simple stupid.123 primarys