Bins of Neutral & WW Cree available

What Neutral Cree tint bins have you seen? (Select ALL you have seen)

• 3A

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • 3B, 3C, OR 3D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4A

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • 4B, 4C, OR 4D

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 5A

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • 5B, 5C, OR 5D

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • 6A OR 6B

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 6C OR 6D

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 7A

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 7B, 7C, OR 7C

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
With rare exception, there seem to be only 3A & 5A Cree neutral tint bins & 7A warm available. To verify this, please vote for the tint bins you have actually seen yourself or specifically for sale. If you have seen any other than 3A & 5A, then note here where you saw them.

I myself got a 6X MC-E from Cutter, but I could not specify bin at the time.

I really would prefer 3B, 3C, 4B, 4C, or 5B over the 3A & 5A tints as they are above, versus below the Plancian Black Body Line (refer to the sticky on binning in this forum).

Last edited:

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw most of the ones I voted for on cutter.com.au Cutter has several

I saw 4D bin on a website for a local supplier, but they were out of stock.

J.D.

Newly Enlightened
The 5C Tint is available here (don't know if they ship international). I've modded my Ex-10 with those, but i prefer the 5A tint. 5C is very warm in my eys...

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I set the groupings to reflect that certain bins are already readily available, and some seem to not be. I grouped together what I thought were rare ones. If I grouped 3B with 3A, then the common 3A would overshadow any votes for 3B, which I would want to know about and find.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have P4/8D's. The warmest available, as warm as incandescent lights. I have built a floodlight with 6 of these for photography purposes, it works great.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see there are significant quantity of 4B, 4C, 5B, 5C, 7B, 7C, 7D voted but no note as to where! Please post if you know of sources of rarer XB & XC bins. Or just where you got them. Mixed in unbinned order? Ordered by Bin? In a light you bought?

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have P4/8D's. The warmest available, as warm as incandescent lights. I have built a floodlight with 6 of these for photography purposes, it works great.

Do you have any 8D beamshots, so we can see what that tint looks like...?

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are order links right next to the icons, and I found no mention of a $100 minimum order.

At the moment, the "one" link puts 5 in your cart, and the "five" link puts 1 in your cart.

Cemoi

Enlightened
There are order links right next to the icons
On which page?

At the moment, the "one" link puts 5 in your cart, and the "five" link puts 1 in your cart.
This applies to Dereelight, not LEDlightingsupply. I'm afraid you are mixing up these dealers. cheetokhan complained about not being able to place an order with LEDlightingsupply, and in my answer I mentioned the MOQ for this dealer.

Cemoi

Enlightened
I got them mixed up.

No harm done, and thanks for letting us know about Dereelight as a (rather cheap) source for Q3 5A, with no minimum order and free shipping.
The 5A I got from LEDlightingsupply were only Q2, so I'll probably order a few from Dereelight.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic: do any optics fit on these very small (14 mm) MCPCBs (I fear there is not enough clearance for the leads)?