• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WITHDRAWN

StrayLight

Enlightened
WITHDRAWN

I would like to have my McGizmo Cx2 titanium body bored slightly to accommodate AW protected 17670 rechargeable cells. I have four cells and, because of the variations in thickness/placement of the protection circuit and shrinkwrap, only one fits (and snugly). I think less than 1/16" total material removed would be necessary.

Anyone interested in taking on this project needs to have a track record here at CPF for doing this kind of precision work in titanium. I'm not about to pay someone to have a go at my $$$ McGizmo with their Dremel or drill press because they feel "up to the challenge". Thanks for understanding.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB: Ti machining/lathe services

Post this in the Machining forum. One of the guys should be able to help you out.

It's not that hard.

StrayLight

Enlightened

Post this in the Machining forum. One of the guys should be able to help you out.

It's not that hard.

Thanks. I didn't know I could solicit work outside B/S/T.

I don't want to cross post... would a Mod please move this thread?

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

Have you measured the wall thickness with calipers or a micrometer to see how much there's to work with? Does it have a clip and is it able to be removed? I had one of the 1x packs and the screws were so tight I couldn't unscrew one of them for fear that it would strip.

Last edited:

StrayLight

Enlightened

Olrac, thanks for the heads-up.

MM, I don't have calipers or a micrometer to measure it. It does have a pocket clip, but I don't yet have a 1/16" hex driver that fits properly. Would the clip have to be removed to work on it?

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

Olrac, thanks for the heads-up.

MM, I don't have calipers or a micrometer to measure it. It does have a pocket clip, but I don't yet have a 1/16" hex driver that fits properly. Would the clip have to be removed to work on it?

With my 6-jaw chuck it would. I'm not sure if I used my 4-jaw if it would or not.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast

The clip will need to be removed unless you have rather thin jaws on your 4 jaw chuck. A 3 jaw will work though.
If this is the body your taking about, the OD is tapered and may not be to easy mount and keep steady.
2x123Packs.jpg

Last edited:

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

The clip will need to be removed unless you have rather thin jaws on your 4 jaw chuck. A 3 jaw will work though.

Well hello Morelite. Long time no see. :wave:

I do have a 3-jaw but I'd rather use my 6-jaw set-true. But now that I think about it I could remove every other jaw from it and have a 3-jaw set-tru :D. It would just be a hassle to do.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well hello Morelite. Long time no see. :wave:

I do have a 3-jaw but I'd rather use my 6-jaw set-true. But now that I think about it I could remove every other jaw from it and have a 3-jaw set-tru :D. It would just be a hassle to do.

Well Hello to you too,

I think all you need to remove from the 6 jaw is one where the clip is and the second one 180° from the clip. Balance will still be true.

Last edited:

StrayLight

Enlightened

Thanks for idea "spitballing". It's nice to see the custom experts chime in here.

Morelite, the Cx2 body I have is similar, but threaded female to accommodate the McLuxIII heads. Though I cannot verify this, I would think the outer dimensions, as well as the inside bore, would be close or identical to the 2x123 Aleph body in your picture. The OD is tapered in the same way.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

On more than one occasion I have had issues with these hex screws on these lights. When this happened I cut accross the button and used a standard blade screw driver. I have replaced the screws on several of my mcGizmo lights with NON HEX screws. I have never had an issue with any of them since.
Sorry to post off topic on this but it seemed as if it were a concern.
It doesn't have to be.
Yaesumofo