G2L with NT clip vs water?

Qoose

Enlightened
I'm using a Novatac clip on a G2L behind the bezel right now. I searched, but couldn't find the original idea. props to whoever came up with it.

I'm wondering if anyone else has done the same, and then exposed their lights to a slogging of water. With the clip snipped down the middle, there's kinda this gap that just sits there. I don't know if I should trust the single O-ring against much water, and I'm wondering if there is something to fill that gap. Suggestions?

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened
you will be fine, if you done trust it empty the cells and LA from it and take it swimming with you, drag it down to the bottom of your pool and if it fills with water you should be worried although I highly doubt that it will

Flashlight Enthusiast
As long as the bezel extends over the O-ring it has the same water resistance as the bezel fully screwed down. If the O-ring isn't completely engaged then it's useless.

Qoose

Enlightened
Lighthound carries them.

So far I've been doing some dunking with my runtime tests to keep the light cool. Looks like no water so far, but I think I'm going to cut a piece of rubber washer to shap in order to seal the gap, mostly for asthetics.

jaundice

Enlightened
Are you using an O ring to make the novatac clip fit better? If so, which O ring are you using?

-John

DM51

Flashaholic
The G2 and G2L are reputedly the least water-resistant of the SF range, so it would probably be unwise to expose them to anything worse than a rain shower or being dropped in a puddle. I wouldn't take one swimming.