• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD McGizmo Mule w/ P7 LE

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lots of lights sold in the last month, lots of lights bought in last 4 months. This was my first foray into the more custom area – only selling because I picked up a Ti-PD McGizmo Mule. This light however, lit the bar at the Hilton Garden Inn at the Halifax airport during a power failure – it was the hit of the party. I'll post better pictures tomorrow.

Overall condition is very good, no nicks or dings. The only scratches are the light surface scratches that almost any light that has been "lightly" used will see.

Run time on AW 3.7 rcr123 is in the range of 40-45 minutes on high. I went through 4 batteries that night in the bar - and ended up with a $75 beer tab (Alexander Keith's IPA). So that is what I am judging it from that.

EN Nickel plated, the body and head are 6061T6 aluminum. The Clip is 6-4 Ti. Mineral Glass window. Battery size: single CR123 or equivalent (3.7v for LE below). McClickie switch in tail of battery pak.

This was (is) $105 from McGizmo (no light engine).

485762799_VEtxi-S.jpg
485762811_EEMXb-S.jpg

Light Engine is from datiLED (as described below) (Posting 11 – 01 - 08)

DSWOI P7/Flupic Light Engines

For sale is one D-bin Seoul P7/Flupic (V2.2) light engines for the Aleph series lights. Glow epoxy was applied around the emitter (ultra blue glow epoxy).

485762777_cquyR-S.jpg
485762856_rVyZT-S.jpg

LE features a DSWOI P7 LED (from Amilite in Korea) and a V2.2 Flupic board pushing 1.2A on high. This should be good for approximately 300 lumens, give or take. The Flupic is a multi-level, user programmable driver board that requires the use of a single 3.7V Li-Ion cell. Details of the board can be found at link below. Note - I tried it with a 3 volt primary CR123 and the light functioned as normal changing between high and low - wasn't quite as bright as would be expected from 3 volts versus 3.7 volts.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1480970&postcount=1

The interior of the can is completely filled with thermal epoxy, and there is ring of ultra blue glow epoxy around the emitter. After a charge, it will glow for at least six hours. The dome of the LED does not touch the window of the AMC Mule.

This was $133

$175, shipped & paypalled. Add 3% for non-cash PP. Shipped in ConUSA by UPS ground insured. Will ship by USPS elsewhere for reasonable up charge – if not insured then not my responsibility after I drop off at post office.

First unconditional "I'll take it", gets it. I do reserve the right to sell, or not sell, to anyone.

Updated - italics are from original postings, edited only to eliminate options not selected (ie green glow versus blue, etc).

Last edited:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS McGizmo Mule w/ P7 LE

Very nice offer Neale........:cool:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

Always cool to hear of a "my light saved the day" story:thumbsup:. Any idea of runtime? Sweet little setup BTW.

Dan

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast

What's the overall condition of the light? Any nicks dings or scratches?

Thanks!

Ray

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Overall condition is very good, no nicks or dings. The only scratches are the light surface scratches that almost any light that has been "lightly" used will see.

Run time on AW 3.7 rcr123 is in the range of 40-45 minutes on high. I went through 4 batteries that night in the bar - and ended up with a $75 beer tab (Alexander Keith's IPA). So that is what I am judging it from that.

I'll copy this over to the initial posting.

afraidofdark

Enlightened

I have this exact light--it is my EDC--and you will be hard-pressed to find a smaller, brighter, and (with the flupic) more versatile setup.

With the mcgizmo EN host and the datiled P7 engine with glow epoxy, this is truely a thing of beauty. Heck of a price too! :twothumbs

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've been trying to stimulate the economy - selling lights fast & buying Ti McGizmos. :bow:(PD-S Mizer, Haiku, Lunasol 20, PD Mule).:party:

2 to 5 out, one in.....

I think I'm about done when this one sells. I've got my eye on one last light (Sabrewolf mini-chimera) and then it's wait for some Holesters from Matt.

Had interest in PM from one person & I replied with answers, now waiting...:popcorn::drunk:

warx23

Enlightened

I have this exact light--it is my EDC--and you will be hard-pressed to find a smaller, brighter, and (with the flupic) more versatile setup.

With the mcgizmo EN host and the datiled P7 engine with glow epoxy, this is truely a thing of beauty. Heck of a price too! :twothumbs

:wave: You took my exact words. I also have this setup and its just as afraidofdark said. Excellent light. I know I paid more for mine. This is a good deal.
Im trying to hold back and not get this one. Is it wrong to want two exact lights? :crackup:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
THANK GOODNESS!!!

I had my PayPal screen opened up about 10 times on this one.

Whew :D