Verifying a R2 in Fenix TK 11

DaddyCool

Newly Enlightened
I just received a TK 11 R2 from 4sevens and wonder how to verify the R2 in TK 11?

I am asking because the Fenix packaging of this TK 11 R2 seems be the one of a TK 11 Q5... only with some black "R2 LED"-stickers on all those places of the packaging that identifys it as the packaging of a Q5 model. Please don't get me wrong, I am not schizo but of course I don't want to buy new wine in old wineskins...:candle:

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
I just received a TK 11 R2 from 4sevens and wonder how to verify the R2 in TK 11?

I am asking because the Fenix packaging of this TK 11 R2 seems be the one of a TK 11 Q5... only with some black "R2 LED"-stickers on all those places of the packaging that identifys it as the packaging of a Q5 model. Please don't get me wrong, i am not schizo but of course I don't want to buy new wine in old wineskins...:candle:

you really cant, unless you have a q5 model to and compared them side by side, they put the stickers on to differentiate, its easier then redoin packaging, relax 4sevens is a good guy and wouldnt lie about something like that.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't see any difference even by comparing them, but I also would trust 4Sevens. I remember this being asked when the TK11 R2 first came out and as mossyoak says, this is just how they're packaged.

Marduke

Flashaholic
There is no visual identification of the LED itself.

I believe the TK11-R2 edition may have also received an upgraded circuit for better 18650 regulation. It is possible that there may be visual differences on the PCB, but you would need someone with both generations to discover that.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you can take out the Cree XR-E R2 bin, there are ways to test the output of each at certin currents to ensure that it is an R2 bin. But that would be a lot of work and potential of breaking the light.