Nitecore EX10 orings ?

litetube

Enlightened
Ok, one problem I have with these Nitecore Ex10s. The spare orings they give you are a different size. WTH:thumbsdow

The one on that came on the Body of my EX10 isa tad to big and it makes the head difficult to turn one handed when the light sits for awhile . The spare is so big it wont even fit down inside the body when you screw the head on.

Has anyone figured out the sizes of the 3 orings, or the best size for the body oring so the head still maintains water resistance but is easy to turn one handed?

Every NC I have had had different spares of differing size and/or color. What is up with that?

Also, anyone measure the window and source a place for getting a replacement ? I like having spares :thumbsup:

nbp

Flashaholic
I just looked, and I got two spare o-rings with my light, and both are clear, like the one that goes on the head itself. But they are considerably smaller than the head diameter, which makes me think they need to stretch a bit. So, I don't know what size you got with yours as spares, but the one that is on the light sounds much too large. Do your spares fit the head properly?

Last edited:

litetube

Enlightened
HaHa Marduke. :ironic:

I know there are different sizes for the piston and body etc.:green:

The problem is none of the ones supplied are the same as the ones that came on the light piston or body. Was hoping maybe somone had figured out the apropriate sizes by now. I guess i will have to go to the hardware store and spend a bit of time Eyeballing them and maybe get lucky

nbp

Flashaholic
Are your spares small? Try stretching them on, and let us know if it works, because I'm curious too. :poke:

litetube

Enlightened
Nope. they are too thick. When I put the spare on the body it wont fit down inside the body . If I keep screwing it will ultimately bite into and tear the oring. Tried coating in lube first to no avail.

I hate clear orings, i dont know why. The oring that is on it now is the one that was on it originally but I will have to find something slightly thinner. It is a pain when I go to use the light and cant get it twisted on quickly. I have to carry it in momentary becasue I had 2 times where it came on in my pocket and I got that hot poker sensation and realized UH -OH!!

These clear orings seem different than standard black or orange ones. They seem softer and "squishier?"

oldpal

Enlightened
Ok, one problem I have with these Nitecore Ex10s. The spare orings they give you are a different size. WTH:thumbsdow

The one on that came on the Body of my EX10 isa tad to big and it makes the head difficult to turn one handed when the light sits for awhile . The spare is so big it wont even fit down inside the body when you screw the head on.

(snip)

I have the same problem trying to turn the head on my EX10. My D10 turns slick as a ribbon. Wish the EX10 did also.

Hugh

gunga

Flashaholic
Good post.

I've had many a twisty that was just too sluggish due to a tight o-ring. I've managed to scavange other o-rings that fit, but it's not an ideal solution.

I'll try the sanding trick at some point.

:thumbsup:

RocketTomato

Enlightened
If you find the o-rings are too thick, another thing to try is to replace the original o-ring with one that is a size or two smaller. Since the smaller o-rings have to stretch more to fit the barrel, they end up effectively thinner.

I also find that the material can make a big difference. The clear (polyurethane) made o-rings are less grippy, and thus easier to twist, then the Buna-N or EPDM made o-rings.

MonkRX

Newly Enlightened
I have the same problem trying to turn the head on my EX10. My D10 turns slick as a ribbon. Wish the EX10 did also.

Hugh
Really? My D10's O-ring on the head (clear) has been cut/torn since the day I first installed the battery (and I lubed it before reinstallation, using the Radio Shack Precision Oiler). Its only a gash through the o-ring so I haven't bothered replacing it with another.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really? My D10's O-ring on the head (clear) has been cut/torn since the day I first installed the battery (and I lubed it before reinstallation, using the Radio Shack Precision Oiler). Its only a gash through the o-ring so I haven't bothered replacing it with another.
Hmmmm.. The o-ring on the head of my D10 broke. That's the first o-ring on any of my lights to do that. It was a clear one. :shrug: