Updated EDC flashlights in my truck

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Here is what I Keep in my truck now. I change this every so often, usually when new lights arrive.

Truck:

All lights are Surefire!

9P with Turbo head - good powerful light for bad guys, or to see in the distance, kept in driver side door compartment.
G2 Yellow with traffic cone - to assist in traffic direction, or to signal for help
L2 in glove box - This serves as a general emergency light for a break down, or a tactical light for my passenger.
L4 in my bail out/carjack gun pouch with S & W Ti .38, and Emerson Commander - love the wall of light.
E1l Outsoorsman in my center console - just a go to light for whatever.

I show up with my L1, and or my ED2L.

Is it a lot? Yes. However with so many lights in my bunker of things, I feel they should be put to work.

That's it. Hope all is well with everyone here at CPF!

RL

DISCLAIMER - Note: My truck carry is subject to change with no notice.

gsxrac

Enlightened
Im jealous, All ive got in my truck is a 4D mag with a Malkoff M60. hah. I used to keep a 6PL and a lithium glo-toob in there but I have almost quit driving my truck as of late.

ypsifly

Enlightened
I would like to keep some nicer lights in my truck but I'm worried about break ins. Pretty common where I live and hang out.

For now I keep a 3D MagLed and a Husky 2D 4Watt in the door, a Pelican Mightylite 2XAA clipped to the visor and a Husky 3XAAA 3Watt headlamp behind the seat.

DM51

Flashaholic
You're certainly pretty well equipped with all those, but have you considered adding a headlamp?

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a SF G2 & G2L, and a couple of ASP Elite lights in my truck.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
maybe include a cheap loaner/giveaway light?

That is a good idea, I have a supply of American made Rayovac Industrial lights in safety yellow that I bought years ago. I keep them so I can supply the neighbors in the event of an earthquake, since we live at ground zero here in California.

I remember when the Rayovac's were my flagship lights for everything. I had a SF 6P for tactical use, and never turned it on because of the price of the batteries back in the late 90's

I think I will take your advice, and add one. As much as I used to love thoes lights, I can see now I will never use them.

Thanks,

RL

Last edited:

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow impressive EDC in your vehicle. Looks like you have a light for every occasion!
You will be very well prepared during a blackout or power outage!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't keep lights in my vehicle, mostly spare batteries, bulbs and an extender. Except for the 6V lantern light I keep under the center console.

gsxrac

Enlightened
Ohh yea I forgot about the 3 headlamps in my BOB. And the cheap snap-on light in the passengers door

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me it's an Inova 24/7 in the glovebox, Fenix L2T in the console and a Husky 4D incan rubberized lantern (very cheap quality) in the truck box. I'd keep better lights in there but I've been broken into twice in two years so would rather not chance it.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
my car is too cheap and old to carry expensive lights in it.

currently i have

glovebox:
ultrafire A1 (cr123, the strobe and wand)
x2t (2 cr123 twisty 20/200lm or so)

toolbox:
uk 4aa. (yellow and incan)
old led headlamp aaa (orange, dim so its ok for closeup work)

hidden compartment backseat area:
cheap HID (and weak.. hopefully will update it during summer)
homemade "paklite" 9v 2*5mm led light.

future:
will add Alpkit Gamma headlamp soon. (when i clean the car)
will add cheap p7/mce with 18650s (maybe forget the hid)
will add small 1aa multimode light from dx to glovebox.

this way i end up with, 2 lights that work with AA, 2 with cr123, 2 headlamps with aaa and one with 18650 and one that works from the cigarettelighter too.

*overkill i see.. i must be nuts.. i carry one one or two on me anyways. hmm.. maybe i need to start to streamline the setup. damit.*

Here is what I Keep in my truck now. I change this every so often, usually when new lights arrive.

Truck:

All lights are Surefire!

9P with Turbo head - good powerful light for bad guys, or to see in the distance, kept in driver side door compartment.
G2 Yellow with traffic cone - to assist in traffic direction, or to signal for help
L2 in glove box - This serves as a general emergency light for a break down, or a tactical light for my passenger.
L4 in my bail out/carjack gun pouch with S & W Ti .38, and Emerson Commander - love the wall of light.
E1l Outsoorsman in my center console - just a go to light for whatever.

I show up with my L1, and or my ED2L.

Is it a lot? Yes. However with so many lights in my bunker of things, I feel they should be put to work.

That's it. Hope all is well with everyone here at CPF!

RL

DISCLAIMER - Note: My truck carry is subject to change with no notice.

May I inquire as to the kind of truck you drive and where you're located? :whistle: Just curious of course.... :devil:

I keep a Solarforce L2 in my center console and my Fenix L2D in the glove compartment. My little 1w Energizer is sometimes in my pocket, sometimes in the console as well...

WDR65

Enlightened
Interesting. I haven't seen one of these threads in a while. I drive a Nissan Frontier quad cab and there are lights scattered all over.

Streamlight TL-3 in glove box number one along with two Surefire spares carriers.
Surefire U2 in change cutout beside the shifter.
Surefire E1L in center console.
Streamlight Super Tac in map pocket of passenger seat. Right at shoulder height. Easy to grab.
Brinkmann 3 million CP plug in spotlight in rear seat.
PT Rebel EOS and Surefire E1B in backpack behind the seat.
4D MagLED in rear passenger seat storage compartments.

Nitecore D10 and Surefire E1B on me normally when I get in.

Its a lot but I never know when I'll be stuck out in the middle of the backwoods where I'm from and have friends that need lights to get us out.

jslappa

Enlightened
On my person I have a Streamlight Key Mate around my neck, and a D10 R2 in my front pocket. When I hop in my Dodge Ram Quad Cab I have a 150 lumen 3C Rayovac extreme sportsman in the glove box and an incan M6 in my center console. Once my 5-Cree LED Zeppelin KT4 head arrives, I'll swap that out and use the incan in one of my home M6's.

I used to feel like 4 lights was enough, but perhaps I need to step it up:naughty: