Help finding a good 2xAA (forward clicky)

readyme

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a general use (EDC) flashlight that uses 2xAA.
My other requirement is that it has a forward (tactical) click tail.
I prefer a simple 2 or 3 power level light...any more than that is really just a waste and too difficult to make worthwhile.

One light that fits the bill is the Fenix L2T v2.0 but I want to see what else is out there.

Thanks for your help.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
EagleTac P100A2 fits the bill. There's another Fenix 2AA, and a Nightcore 2AA. There aren't a lot of quality lights in that form factor off the top of my head. :thinking: I'm personally awaiting the 2AA tube for the Liteflux 3XT; hope it gets released by the end of April.

By the way... you coming out to the Seattle/ PNW get together this weekend? Click the link in my sig if you're interested.

Jackal-Head

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a general use (EDC) flashlight that uses 2xAA.
My other requirement is that it has a forward (tactical) click tail.
I prefer a simple 2 or 3 power level light...any more than that is really just a waste and too difficult to make worthwhile.

One light that fits the bill is the Fenix L2T v2.0 but I want to see what else is out there.

Thanks for your help.

Maybe the Fenix E20. It only has a single level, but is way brighter than the L2T on high with about the same runtime (109 vs 55 lumens). Roughly 3:20 hours on high capacity NiMH, 2:40 on eneloop and 1:20 on Duracell primaries (at full brightness). Plus, it has an adjustable focus that works much better than some beamshots suggest. I was able to test this because I recently bought one as a gift. It was very well received btw.:thumbsup:

The light color is a bit "cool" though, so YMMV.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend both the romisen rc-n3 2 mode from shiningbeam and the fenix e20. I think the romisen is more what you are looking for, but they are both swell lights.

Marduke

Flashaholic
The Fenix TK20 is also highly recommended.

You can make the L2D/LD20 forward clickys if you install that switch.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
with fenix i dont think you cant go wrong, eagletac is intresting too (might buy one too),

just to give another option..

iTP c8t, about 45$
2AA, foward clicky with momentary, output adjustable by simple twisting the head.. loosen the head and it increases/decreases the output, tighten it to stop for the "right" amount. -this tactical model dont hae strobe etc modes to confuse you.

what i enjoy of it: if the head is loosened you can click it on (the ramping up/down also works with momentary) and watch the output dim or brighten. i tend to leave it in low mode and let the head to be loose and then just turn it on and let the light brighten up to as high as i need it. if you let it hit the maximum or minimum it will stay there.

negatives:
-its a bit bulkyer than other 2aa lights like fenix ld20.. but to me its a positive as i like sturdy feeling light with good knurling.
-it does basically need 2 hands to adjust the output. (i can turn it on and take "screwdriver-grip" of it and use thumb forefinger to twist the head when in use. but if you use "icepick-grip" it needs the other hand.
-not the 2-3 mode light you asked for. sorry :) but i think its easy enough to use and learn so i can recommend it anyways.

readyme

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the info guys...I knew I could count on all of you.

The thing that amazes me is that the Olight T25 Tactical at $85 seems very comparable to the Romison RC-N3 light at about $20.

After some research, it is down to the Olight T25 Tactical and the Fenix TK20 I think.

Thanks again and keep the ideas rollin.

Last edited:

HeadCSO

Enlightened
Olight T25 Tactical is my current EDC. It has relegated my LD20 and P10A2 to backup duty.

Last edited: