Just ordered my forth fenix flashlight! The E20

unique

Enlightened
I just ordered my next flash light.
First had the TK10, after some time I could not resist and got myself a black e01. After that I "needed" the TK11 r2. I got that too.
Now with all these lights, after looking through other fenix lights, I saw the E20.
Easy use, 109Lum, looks very nice, run time is decent, takes AA batteries and is so cheap!
This light is going to be a present for dad, I think he got jealous of my lights and kept asking if he can EDC my TK10 which I would love to say yes, but knowing him. He wouldn't look after it and I paid too much money for him to ruin it :thumbsdow.
So I spotted the E20, cheap, bright, good looking, and its a perfect size for him.
I started off with one light, thinking it will be my last. Now I'm onto my forth purchase! :oops::whistle:

So I hope dad likes hes present, I'm sure he will and keep it as an EDC for sure as he keeps asking for one of my lights!
It should be arriving Tuesday :grin2:

So, what do you guys think about a E20 as a present for a non-flashaholic and how the E20 is?

Cheers!

harddrive

Enlightened
A mate of mine bought an E20 from an Australian place for $50 AUD delivered. I played with it for a bit and I think it is a pretty good light for the price. The clicky feels nice, it feels good in the hand and is single level(which I like). The beam was nice and throwy and was bright enough. I think your dad will be happy.

SupremeEye

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking at it also lol.

It would be my sixth purchase of a Fenix light if I get it.

L2T, L2D Q5, LD20/TK11 R2, E01, maybe a E20.

I mean for $35 you can't go wrong and thats why I love Fenix, great affordable lights that are top notch.

I actually put a lady on another board onto the E01's and E20's, she said she liked how it looked.

109 lumens, very simple, tough and reliable.

unique

Enlightened
Because of the crap aussie $$ atm I faid $50 but if aussie dollar was still 92cents US I wouldn't have thought twice at buying it if it would have been only about $37. I stuffed up during the transaction and have to wait longer then expected now :(

Spence

Enlightened
I say good for you. Your dad will love it and you scored some major "favorite son" points while you were at it. The E20 is a great light and feels really good in your hand. It's quite rugged and well built, your dad would really have to try to damage or destroy it. Congrats...you are on your way now...flashaholism, and loving it. Make it easy when you're shopping on line for new lights...memorize your credit card number and expiration date. LOL:crackup:
wink2.gif
buttrock.gif

Martin SH

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought an E20 for my brother in law. At first we didn't hear anything, then one Saturday night we got a phone call. He was away camping and had just used the light. He was blown away with it.. I am sure your Dad will be too.

Martin

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one to my dad too, at Dad's day on past year.

We love flashlights, but he doesn't understand about brands and types.
He loves the Fenix E20 and lives with it in his hands.

I think am more happy than he. :)

Cheers,

Dioni

unique

Enlightened
Thank for all the replies people. I finally got my err I mean my dads light today (after I managed to screw up the first transaction).
Its a great great light, firm, nice heavy feel, the clicky is very firm too, also bright.
This light is a must have for everyone I believe.
Its a shame its going to go to my dad once he is back from work. (Just kidding! :nana:)

Though, when I got the light there was a problem. Put the batteries in, click, click, click... NOTHING. I start getting worried I got a flashlight DOA. I shook the flash light and it was rattling, so I unscrewed the tail cap, and I look where the spring is, and the metal ring around the spring with the two holes was completely loose, it was like it was nearly going to fall off.
So I tightened it with a scissor that has two sharp pointy ends, and screwed the tail cap back on and presto, it worked!
Just curious how this past quality control? Arent all lights tested before they are shipped?

Also, if you want to see pics of it I posted them up here
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2942959&postcount=24

Enjoy :naughty: