Solarforce L1000?

jahxman

Enlightened
I have both lights - in a casual, subjective throw test last night in somewhat humid (i.e. slightly foggy) conditions shining the lights on a tree at 75 yards, it appeared to me that the L1000 is marginally brighter than the TK40 in the hotspot. The difference is very slight, however.

I will take some outdoor beamshots soon, with several big lights like these, and post them once done. I am just awaiting the arrival of my Legion II to include in this, and making sure my camera setup will be as accurate as possible.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L1000, L900, and L900m new and improved heatsink........

MrGman tested all 3 and all 3 make 750ish out the front, just check his sticky. The Solarforce L900 has a huge bezel 70mm plus which is why it throws so well.

The L1000 is just a L900 with extention or at least the sample I got to view. So, if you have a L900 and want to try a L1000: just purchase an 18650 extention and run 3 cells. The light is fully regulated and with less current you will improve your runtime too.:twothumbs

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
my 900 uses 3 cells (pain in a butt to charge 2 for like 6-8 hours, than 1 more for just as long).
there is l950 on the market with 2 cells, and multiple modes, i wonder where the regulator located, in the tail switch, or the base of the led, and also i wonder if (if the regulator is in the tail) it will work with 3 cells, if so i'm so buying multi mode switch, if i can find one.