MG MC-E PLI or RX-1?

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had already been planning to get the rx1, but now that the PLI is out I'm not sure which to get! The PLI is cheaper, although the price difference is pretty negligible to me, but on the one hand the PLI is more compact and is supposedly focusable for a choice of flood to throw which I love on my Fenix E20. However, I am assuming the bigger RX1 can handle heat a little better and will also have a naturally more flood beam because of its larger head right? So which one to get?:confused:

sbdwag

Newly Enlightened
I cant speak for the PLI but I have the RX-1 and the beam width is quite impressive. I cant describe the feelling of power you have using this light. Last night I went out on the porch and it was slightly foggy. It just looks fake the quantity of light emitted from this little handheld device. In the fog Its like holding your own Light sabre with about a 2" diameter and the cone of flood coming out Looks 3d you can see all around it.

Very very cool

Regards
Dennis

Gunner12

Flashaholic
A wider reflector doesn't mean more spill, I'll presume that by flood you mean spill and not a floodier beam. A small and shallow reflector can have a much wider spill then a deeper and wider reflector.

The PL1 will have less throw then the RX-1 because of the smaller reflector. I'm not sure how the spill compares. As for heatsinking, I'm not sure.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
A wider reflector doesn't mean more spill, I'll presume that by flood you mean spill and not a floodier beam. A small and shallow reflector can have a much wider spill then a deeper and wider reflector.

The PL1 will have less throw then the RX-1 because of the smaller reflector. I'm not sure how the spill compares. As for heatsinking, I'm not sure.

thanks for explaining i think i misspoke. SO basically, you think the pli will have less throw and more spill?