Nitecore Extreme SS bezel Q5????

andy955i

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

The Nitecore Extreme SS Bezel Q5 is a great little light. If the price is good I would scoop it up. Mine has a nice throw and a smooth beam. The crenellations on the bezel (if it has them) make an odd triangular shaped beam but its not a big problem. Tint on mine is nice too.

The UI takes a bit of working out for initial set up, but once its set to your preferred high/low its simple to use.

Best of all the finish and overall build is really good. Beautiful machining and anodising.

If I lost mine I would definitely buy another.

Andy

mpkav

Newly Enlightened
If I understand correctly the SS ones are no longer being made. This is one reason I'm leaning towards it. Same price as the R2.

Creecher

Newly Enlightened
If I understand correctly the SS ones are no longer being made. This is one reason I'm leaning towards it. Same price as the R2.

I've heard this aswell. Nitecore say they do not supply the SS bezel as an accessory, and I haven't seen an R2 with one.

I had a Q5 but the threads disintegrated, so when it was replaced I upped to the R2. It is brighter, and throws a huge spill, but I would still be ok with the Q5.

Nitecore really should knock up a batch of SS bezels, everyone with the strike bezel would want one.

Creecher

Newly Enlightened
mpkav, Buy It.

See the beauty of the SS bezel here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/230920

Creecher, what the heck did you do to "disintegrate" your threads????

-Chris

Dunno why the threads went. They were clean and greased with silicone, and the light was only a few months old. It started ramping up and down while in my hand and I noticed a slight play in the head, then bits of thread started to come out, like swarf. No mods or anything, not that much use either.