How to fix Fenix TK10 TK11 gap.

nden

Newly Enlightened
Hi CPF, :wave:

I recently got a Fenix TK11 R2 lately and I can't stand the GAP between the tailcap and the body. So I decided to mod and fix it... It's really easy to get it fixed.

I posted it on my website: HERE. (Thanks for visiting and please comment if you like my idea). My site is a personal blog. So no spam intended.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
oh THATs the way how to make the TK smaller! heheh. and also lighter. ..the gap with my grip ring is hardly noticeable but the gap i have when with the smooth ring in place is annoying.

(i find myself turning the ring and treading it up and down when i am bored and not actually doing anything with the light but i have it in my hands.. its over one and half turns of extra thread to roll back and forth.. hahah)

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't something like an O-ring work also, without having to modify the light?

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
yeah been thinking ordering those GloInDark rings from dx for that purpose. but not sure where to put the rest of the 10 (ok 7 of them. one in use 2 for back up..)

but now that i have noticed that the tk11 has been almost fully demoted out of my light cycle, i think its not worth ordering the orings nor shave height out of it.

and as i dont smoke so sometimes one just needs something to fiddle with when bored. :)

(new lmini2 with warm tint is the 18650 i use most now when i need runtime and output, and the solarforce L2 is the beater light in the car. and as edc (which the tk11 originally was) i use d10/c2h/raw.)

jcs71

Newly Enlightened
That is a nice idea. I will keep that in mind when I get my TK10 or TK11.

mrfluffy

Newly Enlightened
I only received the tactical grip ring when I purchased my TK11, which I never used as it made the light very bulky and tended to get caught on jacket pockets etc.

I replaced it with three black O rings, each slightly bigger than the last, which gives enough grip to hold it cigar style, and doesn't spoil the look or feel of the light.

Pictures can be posted if anyone is sufficiently interested.

nden

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for response guys

@NonSenCe: You can't feel it's shorter. It's a tight fit I must say.

@Mjolnir: Ya, I didn't know about the O-ring, but I bought the spacer over this SITE, really fast shipping and I also bought the light over there too.

@jcs71: If you get a TK10 or TK11, you would notice the gap and it's annoying. I can't stand to see that gap. That's why it's better to fix it yourself.

@mrfluffy: if you got a chance, please post a picture with the O-rings, thanks. Love to see it.

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
My TK10 only has a tiny gap with the grip-ring. I filled it with an o-ring which squashes up and prevents the ring from loosening.

tk10.jpg

CdBoy

Newly Enlightened
wow! very ingenius!

simple and efficient.

i wonder why Fenix left that ugly looking gap. :)