iTP problem

Shur

Newly Enlightened
I have contacted iTP an had trouble explaining the problem then, I'll try to do better here.

I bought a C9 (branded as a Tenergy R90) a while ago and really liked it. After a while I bought an iTP C7 body just because I wanted to be able to switch battery types and just because I could. For the last little while I've been using the C7 just because I've got lots of handy rechargeable AAs.

Now I've decided I want to go back to the shorter length of the C9 again and this is where the trouble starts.

C7 body:
Click on - flashlight comes on at whatever the last brightness setting was and stays there.
Quick click - cycles through the modes and goes back to the set brightness and stays there.

C9 body:
Click on - flashlight comes on at whatever the last brightness setting was and ramps up or down to the extremes (high or low) then stays there.
Quick click - cycles through the modes but when it returns to 'regular' it starts to ramp up or down till it hits the extremes.

Testing:
Using a pair of ohmmeters it appears that the C9 has an ON resistance of .04-.1 ohms and an OFF resistance of 2.5-3 ohms while the C7 has the same ON resistance but infinite OFF resistance (probably the way it should be)

So I'm assuming my clicker is shot in the C9 but since when I stopped using it it was perfectly fine I dont understand what could have gone wrong.
If that is the only problem where can a replacement be found and how the heck to you get it out of there (it appears to be held in by a threaded ring with slots cut that could be used to unscrew it, but it's at the bottom of the body and will be difficult to reach.)

My response from iTP:
[FONT=&quot]The reason to cause this problem is the screw thread(for electric conduction) on the C9 light body is a little shot,sometimes it could not connect to the circuit in the light head.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am afraid the solution is you should ask your local dealer who sold the light to you for a new C9 body for replacement.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If he has a real store,then it's better to select a C9 body which can fit for your head in your person.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Thanks for reading, suggestions appreciated.

travelinman

Enlightened
Whenever an ITP light starts to ramp when turned on it means the head isn't tightened OR the head thinks it isn't tightened.

This could be because there is something interfering with it being tightened. Maybe your "O" ring has a lump on it because it's twisted or broken or something.

Maybe there's something foreign in there preventing it from being tightened all the way.

Maybe something in the threading is preventing it from being fully tightened.

Just some ideas, cheaper to try than sending a light back for replacement.