G2Z Arrived

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
My black G2Z arrived today. This is my first ever Nitrolon style light. I was leary at first purchasing a "plastic" light, but I must say this thing is pretty nice. Better yet, since the price is so much lower than the M2, I don't have concerns with actually using or abusing this light. If it falls, oh well, sh** happens.

I can definately see me keeping one in the car and one in my backpack, both un-cased. Like I said, this Nitrolon appears that it's happy to have "character marks", marks and scratches. The beam is pretty much what you'd expect from the P60. I can't comment on the HOLA, until I find my P61, but I'd expect the same results.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Originally posted by this_is_nascar:
The more I use this light, the more I like it. Don't hold your breath on this one darell. I think I've found a keeper.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oh yeah, you say that now. d;^p

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just checked them both out - using the P61 the M2 has a smaller diameter surround beam to the G2Z. The central beam remains the same.

I think this holds true with all the LA's you can use in the M2, compared to the other non-SIS models. Simply because the Shock-Isolation System makes the LA seat further back, deeper in the bezel than the other non-SIS models using the P## types of LA.
(The P60, P61, P90, P91 LA's all have a built-in reflector, so the same spacing.)

There was another difference I noticed, after running the P61 for ~5 minutes in each. With the M2, the whole body slowly warms up. With the G2Z, only the bezel and the very first part of the body warm up.
I guess this means it's true that the Nitrolon models retain more heat than the Aluminium-bodied type.

Jahn

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Ray,

It isn't a flashlight case but it fits the G2Z nicely and you can let the lanyard hang out the antenna hole if you want. The light goes in, bezel down easily. See:

Cellphone cases - size MED

It's comfortable and secure.

- Don

mc

Newly Enlightened
I am using the larger of the 2 holsters available, with my new G2Z.

The one pictured here is the smaller of the 2 available. Same design.

The G2Z, with bezel down, the flap only goes 1/2 way down, but seems to engage securely. That is the way the smaller of the 2 holsters fits the mini-mags (with drop-in mods), that I have.

By the way, the smaller one, (pictured) also fits the ARC LS in full flap-down position. And the price is very good.

holster picture
By the way, Countycomm also has the G2Z's in, just not on the web site.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Ray,

The MED works well and the light goes in nicely with the velcro closure landing as it should. The neoprene is very comfortable and with the velcro and snap belt loop, you can install and remove the holster without removing your belt.

- Don

Darell

Flashaholic
MC -

Thanks for the great link! That's just the type of holster I was looking for. Small for an LS, large for the G2... I'm there! I guess you have to call them for the different sizes though? I don't see them listed.

Your idea is OK to Don... but the one MC pointed to is *tactical*! Says so right in the ad copy!

If anybody is keeping score, I just ordered my G2z and P61 as well...

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by this_is_nascar:
The more I use this light, the more I like it. Don't hold your breath on this one darell. I think I've found a keeper.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Damn. Well, like I just said - I already ordered one for myself. Can't let you have *all* the fun.

mc

Newly Enlightened
Darell and Don, funny, I now think I also need the one Don is pointing out...

However, I do really like the ones I was pointing out, for the tactical fit, and that they can be used for many differnt lights.

Darell, right, the larger one is not shown, a phone call would work on Monday.

G2z, I do like, and I wish for a P61 sometime soon, I hope.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Originally posted by MC:
I am using the larger of the 2 holsters available, with my new G2Z.

The one pictured here is the smaller of the 2 available. Same design.

The G2Z, with bezel down, the flap only goes 1/2 way down, but seems to engage securely. That is the way the smaller of the 2 holsters fits the mini-mags (with drop-in mods), that I have.

By the way, the smaller one, (pictured) also fits the ARC LS in full flap-down position. And the price is very good.

holster picture
By the way, Countycomm also has the G2Z's in, just not on the web site.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That smaller holster you made reference too, I already have (3 of them actually). Where do you see the larger one listed? All I could find was the one they reference for the X5-T.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Darell,

Hey, I live in Berkeley! Not only is it a nuclear free zone but there are signs now saying tactical free zone as well. With the case I pointed out, people thing I'm just a nurd with two cell phones.............. If they ony knew...... :) EDIT: I'm waiting for the PC police to bust me for the Glow Rings and my Luminox Watch; there's a grass roots movement to not allow the sun to shine in Berkeley. You know, causes cancer and afterall is that nasty nuclear energy....

mc

Newly Enlightened
this_is_nascar,

Right, the larger size holster is not on the web site, but I did pick one up on Friday, I walked into their store front.
Give them a call if you like, they are open,
Mon thru Fri.

By the way, they were talking about maybe starting "free shipping" on orders to CPF members over $50.