NRA membership gift

o0o

Enlightened
I picked the tactical flashlight for the NRA gift (locking in 2 more years membership). It was advertised as a tactical flashlight (so I was hoping for at least a Lux III), but really it is a less than awe inspiring flood light (14 5mm LEDs).

Its a good cause though, protecting the 2A, so no regrets.

To get a REAL flashlight with NRA logo, I just ordered a SF Defender LED from the NRAstore website.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great!! The NRA needs more members now more than ever!!

scottaw

Enlightened
In an attempt to get slightly back on topic...

Maybe after many more years of commitment they'll give you a better light. Obviously they're attached to SF in some way, so they know about better lights. It seems even "in the know" people don't keep up as obsessively as we do around here.

o0o

Enlightened
Great!! The NRA needs more members now more than ever!!

Oh, I'm not a new member. I've been a member for 15 years.

This was just a renewall.

I may one day sign up as a life member, but haven't done that yet.

Willieboy

Newly Enlightened
I signed up for only one year this time and today received a cap fit for a midget.

cubbuilder

Newly Enlightened
I picked the tactical flashlight for the NRA gift (locking in 2 more years membership). It was advertised as a tactical flashlight (so I was hoping for at least a Lux III), but really it is a less than awe inspiring flood light (14 5mm LEDs).

Its a good cause though, protecting the 2A, so no regrets.

To get a REAL flashlight with NRA logo, I just ordered a SF Defender LED from the NRAstore website.
I received mine today. So far it only comes on when plugged into charge. I did remove the sticker from the battery so that isn't the problem. It's been on charge most of the day. See what tomorrow brings.

Poppy

Flashaholic
When I get a legislative alert from the NRA they are so alarmist, that I can't believe that they are true. So I look up the bill and read it. Son of a gun, they are right. Usually instead of sending money, I'll write a letter to my legislator with my position.

I'm a Life Member of the NRA. I have a baseball cap from them that has as many miles on it as any other. I'm in a pretty anti-gun state, so I don't publicize that I might have guns at home. Sad really. Actually my guns are currently in a safe elsewhere. I just don't have the storage space at home, unless I wanted to put it on display in the family room.

I don't contribute any where nearly as often as I used to. I am sure that they sell their sucker list, and buy sucker lists. It seems like the more often I donated, the more often I had other charities asking for money.

I think I'll take a trip to their site and see what they have to offer in the line of flashlights.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're a great American! 👍
Well there was a lot of self interest involved in my membership. I was born and raised in Kalifornia when it truly was the Golden State, a wonderful place to grow up full of post WWII patriots and I painfully watched it degenerate into its sorry present state. The NRA was the sole bastion (with any clout) for defending my 2nd amendment rights from confiscation and I still support the NRA even now, although I've moved to a free state.

Last edited:
Well there was a lot of self interest involved in my membership. I was born and raised in Kalifornia when it truly was the Golden State, a wonderful place to grow up full of post WWII patriots and I painfully watched it degenerate into its sorry present state. The NRA was the sole bastion (with any clout) for defending my 2nd amendment rights from confiscation and I still support the NRA even now, although I've moved to a free state.

Same here, kinda. Born in Sacramento in 57. Dad was in the Air Force so I lived there for only a few years until he received orders to move to Okinawa. We moved to the Great State of Washington in 66. Due to family issues and my age, I'll probably remain here till I receive an invitation to a free eternity.