How many lumens do Mag-Lites put out?

xpawel18x

Newly Enlightened
I have a 3D Mag-Lite LED and a AA incandescent Mini Mag-Lite. Does anyone know approx. how many lumens these lights put out? Their website doesn't say.

Last edited:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a lot. The LED could be pushing 50 on fresh batteries, but it will decline quickly. The AA incan maglite will be less, optimistically 40 with fresh batteries, but probably less than that. It will also dim very quickly, since there is no regulation at all.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if it really matters; they will all be pretty dim.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
From what I recall, the MagLED should get 60 lumen on start up, and drop to 30-20 lumen when it heats up.

The Minimag 2 AA is a 10 lumen.

apete2

Newly Enlightened
i find the aa incan is much better on energizer lithiums and the beam doesnt become sick and yellow, it stays nice and white, espeicaially with xenon bulb

Gunner12

Flashaholic
i find the aa incan is much better on energizer lithiums and the beam doesnt become sick and yellow, it stays nice and white, espeicaially with xenon bulb

That's because the batteries start at a higher voltage, and also don't sag anywhere as close as alkalines at higher currents. I'd use the batteries for a better light though.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
6D Maglite with xenon bulb and fresh batteries = 126 lumens out the front.

Where'd you get that figure from?

Back in the day (Jan '03 actually) when I got my first Surefire E2e (60 lumens), I did a comparison vs my 6D maglight... I have a very hard time believing it's over 100 lumens or even 60 lumens... Here are the photos:

E2evs6Dmag.jpg

E2evs6Dmagbeam.jpg

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to MrGman in his 6" dia. Lab Sphere "I was off by 1 lumen:whistle:" technically this is off of Cr123 Lithiums, "not alkaline" so I'm not sure if this would help out or not "which sags more 3x Cr123s or 6x D cells:thinking:?"

with Magstar Xenon lamp,_____125,__________________3 primaries__________incan--with bezel and glass,

Sorry, I miss read that, it's with bezel and window so that is the real value.

Last edited: