Is the LD01 SS Version really stainless steel?

reeso

Newly Enlightened
Because the place I'm looking to buy it from describes it as

"Made of durable aircraft grade aluminium Durable type 111 hard anodized anti - abrasive finish"

Is it just a shiny finish being marketed as stainless steel? I do hope not!

savumaki

Enlightened
Because the place I'm looking to buy it from describes it as

"Made of durable aircraft grade aluminium Durable type 111 hard anodized anti - abrasive finish"

Is it just a shiny finish being marketed as stainless steel? I do hope not!

Where does it mention SS?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it's stainless. The description you quote sounds like it's for the annodized aluminum LD01. Where are you buying from? There are reputable dealers that support this forum you can buy from.

reeso

Newly Enlightened
Where does it mention SS?

It doesn't - that is my concern. The description was taken from the stainless steel LD01 page.

Yes, it's stainless. The description you quote sounds like it's for the annodized aluminum LD01. Where are you buying from? There are reputable dealers that support this forum you can buy from.

I'm buying it from a UK Fenix dealer

http://www.fenixtorch.co.uk/led_torches/fenix_ld01_stainless_steel.html

Nake, thanks for that - just checked the normal LD01 and the description is identical.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both types of LD01 and the difference in weight is so remarkable that there is no doubt that the SS version is not made of aluminium.

When preparing the descriptions for their websites most dealers use a copy and paste technique that may easily lead to some mistakes.