Outdoor Project

K A

Enlightened
Not sure where to post this. Didn't fit in anywhere specific so I thought I would be safe here. Please move if neccessary. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I have a few tabletop solar powered lights that I got for cheap last summer. I have pondered taking one and using it for something.

I have come up with this idea.

Any opinions?

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
You're in the right forum although it could be a mod. but here is fine.

I like the third idea because it will put the light very close to the top glass and provide more effect. If you put it in the base it will just be a light like any other. I imagine the light is very low power, I know mine are. That's why I like the small lit area for mounting.

Could you cut and splice or solder the wires on the panel to do a semi-remote panel set-up? ie: mount the light in the top but locate the panel lower in the enclosure.

K A

Enlightened
I guess I should have put up a better description of the terrarium, my pictures don't do it justice. Fixed page 3 to reflect.

You can't really tell in the picture, but the top cap is made up of 6 triangles. 3 filled in with glass and 3 that are open. I tried to get glare on the one piece so you could see the empty spots. Not to friendly to put electronics in there.