Flashaholics where it comes from

beany

Newly Enlightened
New member here:wave:

I have been a "visitor/guest" for probably 2 years now and this is my first post. I thought I would share an experience I had to today to maybe show my where my flashlight addiction came from.
This is a true story!
Anyway I'm at work today and I have a few minutes to kill in between jobs, so I decide to visit my Mom who has my Brother-in-laws mother also visiting. So I get over there and I'm talking with my Brother-in-laws mother and my Mom and they tell me that they are waiting for my Brother-in-law to come pick them up and take them on a trip about an hours drive away and they are going to go to a fish market and such.
At which point my Mom says "I should go get my purse so I'm ready to go when "John" gets here"
So Mom goes and grabs her purse and comes back to the kitchen and proceeds to pull out a small flashlight Looks in her purse and tells me shes ready to!
Now I know that might not seem like much, but I should add that my Mom is 88 years old! I'm so proud:)
The moral of the story is: always remember your flashlight when you go on a trip:)

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is your mom a member here by any chance? If not, get her to sign up. ;)

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: I got my Mom an Eternalight when she was about 88 y.o. She's 95 now and still uses it! (same set of Lithium batteries too). Some elders are very cool with new tech ;)

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good for you beany, I recently upgraded my Dad's Mag 2D with a Terralux drop in & added an Eveready LED light to my Mum's keychain...

Makes you warm and fuzzy to see your 'gift' being put to good use eh? :D

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF! :welcome::welcome::welcome:

Cool story.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, I think it was the ever present 6V lanterns dad had stationed by the back door so there was always a light to take with us as we ventured outside at night.

malamalama

Newly Enlightened
My wife knew that I liked flashlights and would just shake her head when I bought a new one until a couple of months ago at my parents' house when she walked into my mother's bedroom and saw over a dozen flashlights on her nightstand. I think that was the moment she realized that I had an uncurable addiction that was passed to me genetically.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi beany, :welcome:

Great story! My Mom is 64, and absolutely loves flashlights as well. Any time I ask her what she wants for her birthday, Christmas, etc., the answer is always "Another flashlight!" She has quite a collection now... an SSC modded Coast Lenser/Hokus Focus (by me, of course :)), a DBS V3 R2, assorted EagleTacs, and even a Mag ROP mod! It's funny, my Dad was always the one who received flashlights for presents through the years.. he still loves flashlights, but my Mom is a true flashaholic!

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife knew that I liked flashlights and would just shake her head when I bought a new one until a couple of months ago at my parents' house when she walked into my mother's bedroom and saw over a dozen flashlights on her nightstand. I think that was the moment she realized that I had an uncurable addiction that was passed to me genetically.

That's funny! :crackup:

curiousone1

Newly Enlightened
My father always had multiple flashlights in the house (garage, basement and kitchen), as well as one in the car. I always used to love (and still do! :D) when the power would go out.....my father-in-law also has quite a collection of incans.........for Father's Day......I'm going to introduce him to the world of LED lights with the Coast 7438.......

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
My Dad was not really into flashlights, but he did instill interest in knives, rifles, and frugality. I think I came by it because of an early 1 AA penlight that saw much use.

Geoff

malamalama

Newly Enlightened
saw over a dozen flashlights on her nightstand.

Granted, most were mini M@gs and solitares, but last year I handed down an Inova. A few weeks ago, I also left a flashlight for my father to play around with. The other day my mother commented how she used to light to take out the trash and was playing around with it by pointing it up into the trees to see things.

The light was a 2D M@g with a Malkoff dropin.