Can you daydream after the sun goes down?

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or would that be nightdreaming or what?

I was driving home as night was falling and it dawned on me that I didn't know what I was doing. I mean I thought I was daydreaming but then realized it might be too dark for that.

Well someone on this forum knows the answer and it probably involves lumens.

Cheers

TOB9595

Enlightened
It helps if I shine my TL at the ceiling. I then get ~ 1 hour of daydreaming. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Tom

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, I think half of my brain is on auto-pilot and does the right thing vis-a-vis the road and other cars. The other half can sometimes wander a bit. It seems to work, I haven't had even a fender-bender since I was 21, and that was 42 years ago.

I guess it helps to have a father that taught driver's education. I didn't understand defensive driving then, but there's a lot kids don't understand.

I look at it this way. It's fairly simple to avoid accidents that are your fault. Just stay in your lane, stop at stop signs, use your turn signal, etc. But a good driver avoids 90+% of the accidents that are the other guy's fault. A good thing too, 'cause it seems they hurt just as bad as the ones that are your own fault.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
TOB9595, if you remove the head from an LGI (candle mode) you can daydream and get a sun tan at the same time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to term it: subconscious thinking... You don't know how you got there, but you get there anyways.

It's like trippin' out... You walk from one place to the other, stop, and then realize you don't know why you walked there, what you needed to do, and if you needed to do anything at all... Your mind just wonders during that time, and you forget your task at hand...

I once came down a long drive at night in Yosemite NP, and for about 2 hours of driving, I got down to the valley from a sightseeing vista point in 20 minutes, and couldn't remember how I got down there... Only reason I know it took 20 minutes for a 2 hour ride was that my CD had only played 4 complete songs (about 20 minutes)...

To this day, I don't know what happened. Don't know if I just spaced out during the drive or not, but I'd definately call it "serious daydreaming"...

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
A two hour ride in twenty minutes. I don't think that's happened to me. How close is area 51 to Yosemite? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Are you sure your CD player wasn't in shuffle play mode? Maybe you drove off a cliff and landed in a feather bed.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
My CD player wasn't on shuffle... And it doesn't recycle itself after the tracks are done playing... That's why I figured it was a night to not think about too much...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif