• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired The Great 5mm UV LEDs sale! - Collecting Payment

cryhavok

Enlightened
Hey modders,

I have for sale some exciting UV LEDs in the 5mm variety. I've searched long and hard to find the best 5mm UV LEDs and I have finally found them! These aren't some cheap Chinese LEDs...these are produced by very respected LED manufacturers!

The choice between wavelengths is 360nm and 375nm. Check out this chart for a comparison on the uses of different wavelengths.

The 360nm LEDs are by Fox Group. Here is the PDF. These are extremely high quality and hold very tight tolerances to the 360nm range. There is VERY little visible light emitted with these...only once you shin them on something that fluoresces do you see their true power. These would work great in a cluster for curing Norland 61 optical adhesive.

"TheLedMuseum" performed spectrophotometric analysis of these LEDs a while back and here are his results:
This is a 5mm water-clear epoxy bodied LED that emits primarily UVA radiation peaking at 360nm.
The case is not epoxy; it's a special polymer that is high resistant to UV degradation, but still is very clear and reliable. The UV LED lifetime is equal to that of blue LEDs!

An LED that emits UVA isn't exactly new, but this wavelength (360nm) is fairly uncommon.

The Fox Group has begun mass-producing this lamp, so LEDs emitting in this wavelength range should be considerably easier to find these days. These lamps are sold under the name "FoxUV".

According to the website and the spec sheet furnished with FoxUV LEDs in the recent past, this information applies to these LEDs:
Deep UV wavelength, highly consistent
HVPE epitaxy process, patent protected, unique in the industry
UV lamps for industrial curing applications and medical/biomedical uses
Also for sale are the nearly impossible to find Nichia NSPU510CS 375nm UV LEDs. Here is the PDF. These are EXCELLENT UV leds and are the "brightest" available in the 5mm size. Earlier this week I sent one of these bad boys to TheLEDMuseum and he was kind enough to test it! I just got these results today!
http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/twenty/nspu5101.gif
http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/twenty/nspu5102.gif
As you can see by that second chart, the peak wavelength is virtually *EXACTLY* 375nm (closer examination revealed that the peak wavelength is 375.020nm); so this LED is well within spec for an LED advertised as a 375nm lamp!
Specs for wavelength can place an LED like this within a range of 370.01nm to 379.99nm, so this one's right on the money!!!

The design of the internal leadframe assembly looks extremely "Nichia-ish" as well, so I'm reasonably certain that this LED is the "real McCoy" as it were.
I have only 18 SOLD OUTof the Foxgroup 360nm LEDs for sale. These are priced at only $4 per LED.

The Nichia LEDs will be ordered next week (according to how many people want them). Delivery will take about a week to me, and I'll get the LEDs sent out asap after that. The price of each LED is only $5 per LED.

If you are interested in these LEDs, act now as once the LEDs are ordered next week there won't be any leftovers!

Feel free to mix and match LEDs. Shipping will be $1 per order via first class mail in the CONUS or shipping of your choice (at cost) if you are international. USPS Priority mail upgrade is available for an additional $4 ($5 total). For CONUS orders, add $1 for delivery confirmation or $2 for insurance. I cannot be held responsible for any packages lost in the mail.

I will collect payment when the Nichia LEDs are ordered next week.

The following members have reserved these LEDs:
PhotonWrangler - 4 375nm PAID
TexLite - 3 375nm PAID
lebox97 - 3 375nm & 2 360nm PAID
NetKidz - 8 375nm & 3 360nm (international) PAID
ackbar - 4 375nm (international) PAID
Moddoo - 5 375nm PAID
fugleebeast - 2 375nm & 2 360nm PAID
loving light - 3 375nm & 1 360nm MO Received
Th232 - 3 375nm & 3 360nm (international) PAID
RyanA - 5 375nm MO Received
QtrHorse - 2 375nm & 3 360nm PAID
maxspeeds - 4 375nm & 3 360nm MO Received
d1dd1 - 3 375 & 1 360 (international) PAID
Muddquez - 4 375nm PAID
addictedmatt - 3 375nm
cnjl3 - 3 375nm PAID
dom - 5 375nm (international) PAID
gswitter - 4 375nm PAID
derfyled - 2 375nm (international) PAID
ICUDoc - 4 375nm (international) PAID

Total-
74 375nm
18 360nm - 0 left

This sale will end on Monday(6/22) at 8:00 AM EST. Any orders placed afterwards will be unfulfilled. I will place the order for the LEDs and once confirmed, I will send out PMs to everyone on the list with payment details.

LEDs Ordered!
Today I was able to order the LEDs and they should be here by Saturday :thumbsup: That gives me the weekend to get all the packages together and then I can ship them out on Monday.

I have sent everyone a PM regarding payment details. If you did not receive one, please send me a PM.

After sending payment, please post in the thread that you have paid, your total (including any extra shipping services offered), and whether it was by Paypal or MO. If you need to send me your shipping address, please PM it to me.

Thanks everyone for helping make this happen :thumbsup:

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
Re: The Great 5mm UV LEDs sale!

So, based on that chart, does it mean the 375 nm are good for checking currency and bathroom inspection etc?

How good are they for curing norland?

I'll be in for a couple nichias... What is the approx Vf? Just want to know what circuit to use (I assume a standard cct for white 5mm leds should be fine?).

cryhavok

Enlightened

In resposne to your question and based on the chart, the 360nm's are better at checking currency and the 375's are better at bathroom inspection.

I cannot personally say how effective they are at curing norland as I have never used norland. However, from the norland website:
[SIZE=-1]NOA 61 is cured by ultraviolet light with maximum absorption within the range of 320-380 nanometers with peak sensitivity around 365nm. [/SIZE]
Based on this, I would imagine the foxgroup are better suited for curing norland.

The Vf for the Nichia is 3.6v typical; 4.0 max. They are driven much like white LEDs.

loving light

Newly Enlightened

Hello,I would like 3 of the 375nm Nichia leds.I will be paying with a money order if that is OK with you,let me know.Thanks again,
Joe
Edit: It will be an USPS money order

Last edited:

lebox97

Enlightened

Hi Cryhovak
that chart is very helpful!

I'd like to add 2+ pcs of the fox 360nm UV to my 3+ Nichia 375nm list pls

thanks
paypal is ready when you are...

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast

Would it be possible to put me down for 3x of the Fox LEDs and 3x of the Nichias, with international shipping?

Thanks.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you're willing to take Postal money order put me in for 5 of the nichia.

loving light

Newly Enlightened

Thanks,could you please PM me your address.The total would be $16 dollars,$15 for 3(375nm) leds,$1 dollar for shipping,am I correct?

loving light

Newly Enlightened

Quick question,is the Vf for the Fox leds the same?If so I would also like one of those.Thanks,Joe

cryhavok

Enlightened

Vf of the foxgroup is 3.8v typical; 4.5v max.

I made a little light using 2 of the Foxgroup leds wired parallel direct drive off a 10440 LiIon and no optic using one of these hosts. It makes a nice little UV light with momentary/twist on!

loving light- your total is correct. Just post if you want the Fogroup UV added to your list.
Ryan - corrct as well.

I will start collecting payment next week. I will send a PM to everyone on the list with their totals as well as my physical and PP address. When you receive the PM, just shoot me a reply when you send payment and whether it will be by MO or paypal. I want to keep everything organized so there are no mistakes :thumbsup:

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will take (3) of the 360 and (2) of the 375.

loving light

Newly Enlightened

I will still take a Fox uv led,the total is now an even $20 dollars,right.Thanks,
Joe

cryhavok

Enlightened

List updated. I decided to keep a couple extra of the foxgroupUVs so only 18 total are available (7 left as of now).

NetKidz

Enlightened

cryhavok,

Looks great! :thumbsup:

If it's okay, I'll change my Nichia to 8 and also add 3 FoxUV.

Thanks again.

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey CV! Thanks for this groupbuy:D. I'll take (3) 375nm Nichias and (3) 360nm Foxgroup uv leds

Last edited:

d1dd1

Enlightened

I'll take 1 Foxgroup & 3 Nichias + international shipping :)

cryhavok

Enlightened

List updated. Foxgroup 360nm LEDs are SOLD OUT. 375nm Nichia's are still available. Please check the list to make sure you are listed with what LEDs you requested. Changes to your totals or pulling out from the sale are not a problem as long as you do so before the deadline listed below.

This sale will end on Monday(6/22) at 8:00 AM EST. Any orders placed afterwards will be unfulfilled. I will place the order for the LEDs and once confirmed, I will send out PMs to everyone on the list with payment details.

Thanks everyone for helping me make this happen :thumbsup: