Anyone have both the E2D LED and the L5 ??

eldopa

Newly Enlightened
im caught on these two lights, and cant decide which one to get. anyone out threre have or had both? id like to know the differences. its going to be an all around light. it will be mounted on a rifle too..

thanx guys

Size15's

Flashaholic
The E2DL does not make a very reliable weapon-mounted light due to it's dual output User Interface.
This UI can see each momentary break in electrical contact under recoil as signals to switch between the two modes even when this would not normally result in a visible 'blink' or 'flash' in a single-output bezel such as the KX2C used by M600C ScoutLight WeaponLight.

On the other hand, the L5 (current: "L5A") is a far larger heavier light.
I'm not a shooter but for hand-held use I would select the E-Series model over the larger heavier light.

There is a good alternative to the E2DL for combined hand-held and weapon-mounted use - the VTAC-L4.
It uses the KX2C bezel and Z68 shrouded Clickie TailCap (same as the M600C)
VTAC offer a dedicated mount for the E-Series body w/ PocketClip.

Al

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

eldopa

Newly Enlightened
thanx fer the reply. yea, ive peeped all the weapon lights that surefire makes. my issue with them is the price. they are quite proud of their weapon mounted lights. it seem you can get by with a Larue light mount and a surefire handheld for 1/3 the cost of a scout of m series. thats why i was looking at the E2D and L5. i actually just picked up a Vltor rail mount for surefire lights. its the 1.010 to 1.026 version, which is a step up from the one that will fit the E2D. i can shim the mount to fit the E2D. rather it be too big than too small. besides i got the mount for 25 bucks used/new..
ive also got a Pentagon MS3 Xenon. unfortunately, pentagon has gone under due to the surefire lawsuit. im sure most of you heard. ive been brainstorming ideas for replacement lamp assemblies. the best idea to pop up has been the surefire p60 assembly. theres gonna be a bit of slop even after making it work. my Pentagon assembly is 1 5/16" wide and 1 3/4" deep.
what a bummer for pentagon. i really like the design of their weapon lights. a bummer for the folks that own them as well. we are stuck with scrap if lamp assemblies are not available...