Brinkmann Halogen/LED - How many lumens?

jcw122

Enlightened
Hi,

I'm trying to get some sort of reference to compare other lights with. Currently, the only spotlight I have is the Brinkmann Halogen/LED. I wanted to know if anyone knew or could give me an estimate as to how many lumens it produces. I want to be able to compare it to other lights, because I already have an idea how the light looks at night. So having a number to go a long with what I see would be awesome. Thanks.

-Jon

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I estimate it puts out 400-500 lumens. I believe it has a 35W 6V halogen bulb.

I own this light, and I have a very high opinion of it. It is incredibly powerful for being as small and lightweight as it is, and the LED feature can be very useful.

BTW, I think this thread might possibly need to be moved to the Spotlights forum. :)

Last edited:

jcw122

Enlightened
I estimate it puts out 400-500 lumens. I believe it has a 35W 6V halogen bulb.

I own this light, and I have a very high opinion of it. It is incredibly powerful for being as small and lightweight as it is, and the LED feature can be very useful.

BTW, I think this thread might possibly need to be moved to the Spotlights forum. :)

Thanks Bluebeam. Yeah it is a pretty cool light. I use the LED feature often, but my Quark will be replacing that soon! :)

Yeah I didn't think of putting it into the Spotlight forum, woops!

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
jcw122,

It is great to see another member (you) who owns and likes this light!

It is much more powerful in both throw and brightness than I would expect it to be based on its size; I think it performs like a larger spotlight. It is a fantastic spotlight, and one of my top favorites.

I would definitely give it a 5 star rating, and I highly recommend it to anyone in need of an excellent performing budget spotlight.

Here is a beamshot; the house is 30 yards away.

Control:
xc5d1.jpg

With Brinkmann Halogen/LED spotlight:
xc5d2.jpg

jcw122

Enlightened
I'll have to do some beamshots with it as I was really impressed with it's throw as well. I don't have much of a reference to compare it to other lights, though.

The only thing I don't like is the 12-15 minute runtime on the big light. I haven't really had the need for any longer just yet, but it would be nice to have extra runtime just in case. Maybe 30-45 minutes. But for the size of the light it's still great!

I do like the 80 hour runtime on LED though!