How Do You Carry It All?

L84CABO

Newly Enlightened
I apologize as I wasn't quite sure where to post this. Mods please move if this is the wrong forum.

So with my new found flashlight addiction, I find I now have one more thing to add to my collection of...let's call it "stuff"...that I must grab before I head out the door. Keys, wallet, pocket kife...Chris Reeves Sebenza or a Strider SNG...so sweet...err...sorry...one of my other addicitions...anyway, big PDA phone, glasses, now a flashlight...you get the idea. I'm going to need a "murse" if this keeps up. I do ok when I'm wearing cargo pants but I can't wear them all the time. I'm just wondering if any of you have found creative solutions.

Peace

AncientSword

Newly Enlightened
I end up with stuff in all my pockets. I carry a money clip/wallet with size enough for a couple credit cards in it, in my front pocket. Main knife goes there as well, with clip of course. Light goes in left pocket. Another knife in a back pocket along with another light. Sometimes I only carry one light. I also clip a knife in my waistband. My phone, which is also handles PDA duty, goes in a belt clip or a back pocket. I make sure all my knives and lights have clips on them if possible. That way they are not all banging into each other.

I cant tote a bag.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other than a light, I keep it somewhat minimal. In the my left pocket I keep my cards wrapped in bills and a cell phone, and in right pocket just my EDC light.

I also have this habit of unloading whatever is in my pockets where ever I can get away with it.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this guy who makes custom leather holsters for things, and he gives me smokin' good deal on them...:whistle: when he's not making them for other folks.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are three lights I EDC in one of the following ways:

Polarion PH50: I always carry it in the trunk of my car, sometimes taken with me to night classes or to places I don't feel secure. When I need two hands, I let it hang off my belt by sticking the handle down my pants. Now don't think dirty now, lol.

Heliotek HTE-1A: In its awesome Clint Eastwood style holster. :D

PentagonLight L2: A back-up to the HTE-1A, carried in my pants pocket next to my wallet.

Last edited:

junmae

Newly Enlightened
I end up with stuff in all my pockets. I carry a money clip/wallet with size enough for a couple credit cards in it, in my front pocket. Main knife goes there as well, with clip of course. Light goes in left pocket. Another knife in a back pocket along with another light. Sometimes I only carry one light. I also clip a knife in my waistband. My phone, which is also handles PDA duty, goes in a belt clip or a back pocket. I make sure all my knives and lights have clips on them if possible. That way they are not all banging into each other.

I cant tote a bag.

haha wow, thats a lotta knives! :p It must take some time to make sure you have EVERYTHING on ya every time. I feel sorry for that person who messes with ya.

Mdinana

Enlightened
Ahhh yes... the Maxped bag. Highly touted, never seen. I probably red about it once a month between CPF, ETS, and EDCforums. Never met anyone in real life that had one.

Anyway, I have pockets. Yup. Just that. Light, keys, knife, wallet, phone. Sunglasses go on my head. Pager goes on my belt (stupid leash). Now usually, in the car all that goes to the center console. Out and about, if I sit for any length of time the phone goes with the wallet onto the table or my gf's purse. Most of the rest stays with me.

It helps to get cargo shorts and not-tight pants. By no means do you need the uber-baggy "gangbanger" pants, but just a relaxed-fit pair of jeans or whatever.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
P1010132.jpg

That's all I ever carry. I can't imagine any circumstance in my everyday life where I will need more than one knife. I wish I could kick the phone out altogether to be honest.

ypsifly

Enlightened
I wear cargo pants/shorts when not at work, so no need for a bag here. Cell, keys, SAK w/ SL Nano, Gerber Suspension (soon to be replaced by a Skeletool), SL Microstream, E1B, and/or E2DL or an L1.

If I need to carry more I'll use one of my back packs.

AusKipper

Enlightened
I put it all in my pockets (cargo pants) and religiously wear cargo pants.

I used to have it all attached to a belt in holsters etc, but it attracted too much attention (why do you need a torch at work in the day? why do you need a leatherman, why do you need that knife, are you going to kill someone? etc etc) and it was starting to annoy me so now it all just goes into pockets and I get spared the queries.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep all my "essential" gear in a Spec-Ops Pack-Rat http://www.specopsbrand.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=19#

This bag goes in my Back Pack with me to work (my essentials go here, the rest of my back pack is food, etc.), or in my car when I travel, and is essentially an "Urban Survival Kit" (i.e. not my ABOB {Apocalyptic Bug Out Bag})

Here's the basics I have in there:

Outside:
-SF C3 w/ L5 and E2L w/ F04 (Front)
-All Weather Note-pad and Water-proof Ref. Cards (Back)
-Orange Glo-Toob FX(Attach Ring)
-Space Pen(Back)
Inside:
-Epi-Pen
-G2L w/ AN-14 and spare B65
-Space Pen
-Petzl E-lite
-Streamlight UV Stylus
-Gerber Artifact
-Leatherman micro
-LED Lenser Micro Headlamp
-Zip Ties
-Mil Spec Duct-Tape
-Suunto Compass
-Buck Whittaker
-First Aid Kit
-220# Para-Cord
-550# Para-Cord
-Spare Batteries
-Caffeine Gum
-Benchmade Auto
-Med's

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep all my "essential" gear in a Spec-Ops Pack-Rat http://www.specopsbrand.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=19#

This bag goes in my Back Pack with me to work (my essentials go here, the rest of my back pack is food, etc.), or in my car when I travel, and is essentially an "Urban Survival Kit" (i.e. not my ABOB {Apocalyptic Bug Out Bag})

Here's the basics I have in there:

Outside:
-SF C3 w/ L5 and E2L w/ F04 (Front)
-All Weather Note-pad and Water-proof Ref. Cards (Back)
-Orange Glo-Toob FX(Attach Ring)
-Space Pen(Back)
Inside:
-Epi-Pen
-G2L w/ AN-14 and spare B65
-Space Pen
-Petzl E-lite
-Streamlight UV Stylus
-Gerber Artifact
-Leatherman micro
-LED Lenser Micro Headlamp
-Zip Ties
-Mil Spec Duct-Tape
-Suunto Compass
-Buck Whittaker
-First Aid Kit
-220# Para-Cord
-550# Para-Cord
-Spare Batteries
-Caffeine Gum
-Benchmade Auto
-Med's

Nice kit. Got any photos of the whole setup?

gsxrac

Enlightened
I keep all my go-to stuff in my pockets. Ra Clicky in the coin pocket, Kershaw ZT 0400 MUDD clipped to the right pocket, Casio Boulder in the right pocket, Surefire E2DL (or other main EDC light) clipped to the left pocket and Ipod Touch in the left pocket, Wallet back right pocket, keys back left, Springfield Armory XD45 4" right side IWB holster. Still keeps a pretty clean look but the clips on both side pockets and being an all around big guy make sitting in some lawn chairs a chore:ohgeez:

Everything else (not even gonna list all that) goes in the backpack. For the last 5ish years thats been a DaKine red and grey pack. Not the greatest pack for my uses but still holds up extremely well. Could use a couple extra small pockets though.

AngelOfWar just wondering what do you use the UV streamlight for? Ive actually got one and it stays in my bag but I dont really use it very often? :thinking:

And Like the wise noodle man said... www.edcforums.com :twothumbs

AncientSword

Newly Enlightened
Anyone looking for good custom holsters, I can say that Hogo's work as A+. I recently bought a brown E series holster from him and decided to get a black one as well, which is on its way. I don't use them much yet, but I really like them.