Clicky Cover???

recDNA

Flashaholic
I like forward (tactical on) clicky switch but of course if anything (besides my thumb!) accidentally presses against one it will turn on as long as pressure is applied. Has anybody ever devised a hard cap or cover that prevents the switch accidentally being activated? I tried a soda bottle cap but no luck. Of course (to fit) it would take something different for every flashlight.

I've been trying to find something to use on my MG PLI because if it were accidentally activated on high for too long it might toast something. Of course I can lock it out by unscrewing the tail cap (although sometimes it STILL lights even with tail unscrewed 4 turns) but it would be easier to just pull off a little cover than screw in the tail.

I'm not a particularly original thinker so somebody here has probably already thought of the idea and found some things that work. It would be cool if manufacturers added one IMO. It would be a lot more valuable to me than a lanyard.

luxter

Newly Enlightened
Hi, recDNA.

This may not be the answer for your question, but clicky has a button lock feature.
Just clicking 3 times rapidly from off will enable/disable the lock.
(you need to enable the feature from the option menu before use)

recDNA

Flashaholic
Hi, recDNA.

This may not be the answer for your question, but clicky has a button lock feature.
Just clicking 3 times rapidly from off will enable/disable the lock.
(you need to enable the feature from the option menu before use)

Are you sure you're talking about the MG PLI NOT the Ra clicky? There is no option menu in my MG PLI.