Forward vs Reverse clicky & why?

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
Not able to reply vis the button within a message, just get a blue spinner forever superimposed on my pointer.
Generic reply at top of thread seems to be working.

Define what each type of clicky does, please.

scout24

Flashaholic
Forward for momentary activation and mode skipping. The McClicky switch is the one all others should be judged by. I can understand the utility of e switches for the popular ramping UI's that are out there right now, but reverse clickies bug me. If I just need a quick blast of light, it's two distinct operations to turn my light on and off. If I decide to go from quick blast to constant on, it's just continuing the press until the switch latches with a forward clicky. Forward's where it's at. My two cents. :) Long live sliders, gas pedals, twisties, piston drives, rotating knobs, forward, reverse, and electronic. I'll admit to owning all of the above, but forwards get the edc duties.

Tasky

Newly Enlightened
If your light does NOT have memory mode, what do y'all prefer then?
A light that always starts in Low mode, if you please.
My torch may have a perfect memory, but I don't... so I'd rather not stick my head into an engine bay and burn my face off with 4,000 lumens reflecting off every flippin' shiny facet all around me, just because I forgot which mode I last used!!
In fact, several times my reverse-clicky has saved me from that - I've hit the first click juuuust as I remembered that I last used it on BLINDING, so was able to hold it off and redirect the beam.

I don't despise F-clicks, but I've never once needed momentary mode, even when I was armed for a living.