Dereelight Drop-in question.

MikeV

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking about ordering a Dereelight 1SM-2 module but I have a question about using 18650's with it.

On Dereelight's website they say the this drop-in will have constant output at 4.5~16V does this mean that if I use a 18650 I will not have any regulation at all or will I only have regulation until the battery voltage drops below the vf of the LED?

I am going to be using this drop-in in a weapon light so I want it to be able to use 18650's and CR123's but then again I want it as bright as possible for a long as possible so...

Also if anyone has any suggestions as to what other drop-ins/lights that are out there I'm all ears, just please keep in mind I have a $50 budget.

Thanks for any info/input.
Mike.

dirtech

Enlightened
I'm not sure what your looking for exists. I believe most if not all multi-power lights will only run semi regulated with 18650's. At least all the one's I've seen here seem to be. Just get the dereelight and use primary's when in the weapon role and use rechargables when not. Or add $5 to your budget and get a malkoff that would use the same battery config.

MikeV

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys.

This drop-in looks to be just what I was looking for.

Now all I gota do is wait for it to get here.:sssh:

Thanks again.
Mike.