am i missing something ?

jamie.91

Enlightened
hey, i have been a member of this forum for some time now but have not been on for a while due to a new job and a bad salary lol at the age of 18 and being a mechanical engineering apprentice it can be hard going lol:sigh:.

anyways being a part time flashaholic it is time to invest in a new toy err i mean "light" but i am a litle in the dark with my choice,
i am looking at a lumapower D-mini but the website is not to clear on the spec for the price E.g.

what is the difference in these 2 lights

http://www.lumapower.com/67.html

http://www.lumapower.com/66.html

apart from the price the only difference appears to be the levels of output, but no where is there any info on battery type or how many lumens they are ?

hopefully someone can clear this up for me

thanks in advance:twothumbs

jamie

Edit: also what are your thaughts on this light for a newbie:shrug:

Closet_Flashaholic

Enlightened
Don't know much about this light or how many lumens, but the less expensive one appears to be non-digital (2 modes) and the more expensive one appears to be digital control (per the description at the bottom).

Digital generally implies a microprocessor, which can account for the higher price. With some manufacturers, sometimes the only difference in price is due to the UI features (the programming of the microprocessor controlling the light). Digital lights typically, but not always, can imply better regulation of the output and increased runtimes vs. non-regulated lights. But your mileage may vary..

If you search around this forum you will probably find someone who reviewed the light at some point in time.

jamie.91

Enlightened
ahh, thanks for the reply, i didnt understand the digital part lol

i have used the search tool but either me or it are useless lol, i have found reviews but not model comparisen

thanks jamie