Lost my L1T, now a LD10?

GrnXnham

Enlightened
I'm really in the dumps about losing my Fenix L1T with the Rebel 80 in it. It was my EDC for the last couple of years and I really loved the warmer tint of the Rebel 80. It doesn't look like I can get any quality 1AA flashlights with a Rebel in them anymore so I now am looking at the Fenix Q5 LD10 or L1T with the Q2 in it.

Questions:

1)Are there any more 1AA lights sold with a Rebel LED in it? I'd give up a little brightness for that warmer tint.

2)The most important feature for me is that the light must be able to turn on to maximum brightness each time I turn it on. In other words, no clicking through the different modes to get to turbo each time I turn it on. The L1T version 2 was perfect. I just left it on max bright all the time. Any other lights besides Fenix with this feature? I don't even really care about other modes or levels. Just give me maximum brightness every time I turn it on.

Thanks

Toaster

Enlightened
If you liked the L1T V2.0, you'll love the Quark AA Tactical Neutral White. 2 modes tightened and loose, same as the L1T, except each mode can be programmed to one of several preset levels. The Cree XP-E Q3-5A LED used is warmer than the Rebel 80 and has none of the blue tint you see with cool white LEDs. Coupled with the OP reflector you get a smooth artifact free beam without rings like the L1T RB80, except with a lot more throw.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
These guys are right on. The Quark tactical AA neutral white is your ticket. I have it and also a Fenix LD20 which has the same head as LD10. The Fenix is going to be a shelf queen now. You can program the Quark to have any 2 levels, one for bezel tight and the other for bezel loose, and then it is a simple 2 mode flashlight. To me at least the warm tint of the neutral white Quark makes the Fenix look blue and kind of sick.:green:

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say get the Quark Tactical 1 x AA, with the neutral white emitter, or get a Fenix L1T v2 with the Cree Q2. I have the L1T w/Cree, and it is warmer than any, and has a better beam than most of my other Cree lights. except my neutral Quark. No bluish tint, at all. I also have the 1 x CR123 Quark Tactical with the neutral Q3, and it is even warmer, with a very nice beam. Take your pick, the Quark is more versatile, and will be considerably brighter than than your Rebel L1T or the Fenix L1T with the Cree Q2, while the L1T with the Cree will be almost identical to your Rebel 80, a tiny bit brighter, and maybe not quite as warm.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
As an FYI, I picked up a Leatherman Blast and a rebranded Fenix L1T Cree for $40 at Costco. This is a great deal considering either of them retails for over $40 individually. I know it's not the emitter or tint you want, but it's a great deal for gear you're going to throw in a BOB or spare car kit.