Anybody Have a Lumaforce LF1 MC-E?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Just saw the ad in the banner. Tried a search and came up with nada. Looks like a nice flashlight. Does anybody have one?

cfdsmokeater

Newly Enlightened
Same here. Need some feedback! I have never attempted a review or I would do one myself.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well aren't they much similar to the Solarforce and Spriderfire models..they must be a rebrands of one of the two....

recDNA

Flashaholic
well aren't they much similar to the Solarforce and Spriderfire models..they must be a rebrands of one of the two....

I don't know but the safest bet is somebody who actually HAS one.

I'm curious about the UI and there is nothing on the website about it. I also have no idea what the quality of Lumaforce products are in general. Are we talking DX cheapie (lack of) quality here?

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
no, maybe we are talking jsut solarforce quality..I believe DX mainly get seconds and I doubt if the Lumapower quality will be any worse than solarforce...fo not know if it can be any better....

why risk it? real SLF (not the fakes/clones) is as good as needed

recDNA

Flashaholic
This seems like a really good bargain for $60 and nobody knows anything about it? We have a LumaPower thread in the marketing forum. Is Lumaforce part of the LumaPower brand?

easilyled

Flashaholic
This seems like a really good bargain for $60 and nobody knows anything about it? We have a LumaPower thread in the marketing forum. Is Lumaforce part of the LumaPower brand?

No. not at all.

I found their website without any difficulty. Just add .com to the name!

You will see this light there.

It is identical to my Solarforce L2 and I also have a 3-stage MC-E drop-in for that. (like in this light)

I think that its quite likely that the same factory is pumping out these Surefire P6 clones with different brand-names like Solarforce, Spiderfire and now LumaForce.

If you look on the site, there are also Solarforce batteries so there must be a very strong relationship between Solarforce and Lumaforce.

Lumapower, however are a separate manufacturer that offer quite innovative lights that seem to have been designed with a lot of thought going into them.

This is not to say that Lumaforce, Solarforce, Spiderfire etc. don't make good quality products.

I have been very impressed with the quality of my Solarforce L950M and my Solarforce L2 with this MC-E drop-in is a nice light too, for the price.

recDNA

Flashaholic
No. not at all.

I found their website without any difficulty. Just add .com to the name!

You will see this light there.

It is identical to my Solarforce L2 and I also have a 3-stage MC-E drop-in for that. (like in this light)

I think that its quite likely that the same factory is pumping out these Surefire P6 clones with different brand-names like Solarforce, Spiderfire and now LumaForce.

If you look on the site, there are also Solarforce batteries so there must be a very strong relationship between Solarforce and Lumaforce.

Lumapower, however are a separate manufacturer that offer quite innovative lights that seem to have been designed with a lot of thought going into them.

This is not to say that Lumaforce, Solarforce, Spiderfire etc. don't make good quality products.

I have been very impressed with the quality of my Solarforce L950M and my Solarforce L2 with this MC-E drop-in is a nice light too, for the price.

Ya, I was confused because when I clicked on the ad banner it took me to a website that sold LumaPower, LumaForce, SolarForce and others. I thought they might all be divisions of the same manufacturer.

It's unusual that a $60 MC-E 18650 light comes out and nobody here has one!

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well former solarforcestore in ebay, now flashlightstore.com (not connected to solarforce ) sells essentailly the same flashlight for 45 bucks 9branded Spiderfire)
Inetrantional trading company sells a flashlight called Solarforce for 50...

before buying you might want to read this thread

recDNA

Flashaholic
well former solarforcestore in ebay, now flashlightstore.com (not connected to solarforce ) sells essentailly the same flashlight for 45 bucks 9branded Spiderfire)
Inetrantional trading company sells a flashlight called Solarforce for 50...

before buying you might want to read this thread

It's about switches. Does anybody review the light itself?

litetube

Enlightened
Yeah, I am super tempted by this light but if it is a solarforce knockoff with a crappy switch I would pass. It is so hard resisting on this but if the switch is gonna be flaky it aint worth $5.00

I dont think anyone has this light yet. I dont know much about Lumaforce period, the lights or the store.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Yeah, I am super tempted by this light but if it is a solarforce knockoff with a crappy switch I would pass. It is so hard resisting on this but if the switch is gonna be flaky it aint worth $5.00

I dont think anyone has this light yet. I dont know much about Lumaforce period, the lights or the store.

And how do we know it's the same light? I hope somebody tries one and does a review. I want another MC-E. I'd like a Quark MC-E but I'm bored waiting and it will probably be too expensive anyway.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's about switches. Does anybody review the light itself?

what the "Protruding Reverse Tail Clicky Switch With Memory" ?

this think has not been discovred yet....99% percent the MODE memory is in the module itself...

recDNA

Flashaholic
what the "Protruding Reverse Tail Clicky Switch With Memory" ?

this think has not been discovred yet....99% percent the MODE memory is in the module itself...

I don't know what you mean?

recDNA

Flashaholic

How do you know that if nobody HAS an LF1?

litetube

Enlightened
I should have phrased that differently.

I meant , especially after reading that link a little bit, that this looks like a rebranded Solarforce light? I am a bit skeptical on all these Made in China lights and all the rebadged shell game lights out there that seem to all come from the same factory or have differing levels of quality. There is a BIG push to get the dinero out of our pockets with these lights nowadays and I dont have the extra cash lying around to keep taking shots in the dark on getting something halfway decent.

In that thread I think they discussed alot of issues with crappy clicky switches and the likes. If a light has a switch that fails in a week or a month then it isnt worth a $1.00 let alone $50 or $60. And with an MC-E if there is no adequate heatsinking the output drops immediately and you could even damage the LED if thermal runaway happens.

So I am not stating known fact just wondering like the rest if this is a solid deal or just another grab at the few tattered bills left in my wallet

jimmyjames

Newly Enlightened
New to this particular subculture. Have previously purchased in the last month or two, a couple of Dorcy Cree LED lights including the 160 lumen model, Olight M20 (not impressed, too gimicky) and now...the Lumaforce LF-1, $40 to my door in just a few days to NC.
*image removed by Greta... please read forum policies regarding hotlinking images.

what you see here is what you get. It comes in pieces (yikes) in a too big padded mailer with the two CR123's shrinked to gether with exposed ends so you have a hot 6 volts sliding around in there. I put it together and it works. The inside of the reflector is imperfect and mine had finger prints which wiped off. Nice bright beam. Hot spot looks a little fuzzy. Not night yet to try it out in my back yard. Clicky protrudes like in the pictures. Good solid feel to it. Fit and finish is good. No flicker that I can detect. So kay for $40 delivered.

recDNA

Flashaholic
New to this particular subculture. Have previously purchased in the last month or two, a couple of Dorcy Cree LED lights including the 160 lumen model, Olight M20 (not impressed, too gimicky) and now...the Lumaforce LF-1, $40 to my door in just a few days to NC.
*image removed by Greta... please read forum policies regarding hotlinking images.

what you see here is what you get. It comes in pieces (yikes) in a too big padded mailer with the two CR123's shrinked to gether with exposed ends so you have a hot 6 volts sliding around in there. I put it together and it works. The inside of the reflector is imperfect and mine had finger prints which wiped off. Nice bright beam. Hot spot looks a little fuzzy. Not night yet to try it out in my back yard. Clicky protrudes like in the pictures. Good solid feel to it. Fit and finish is good. No flicker that I can detect. So kay for $40 delivered.

How do you change to different levels? (how does the user interface work?) Does it overheat quickly on high?

Thanks!