A Light in the Wilderness!

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hiking north of LA in the Santa Clarita's Saturday and (just after avoiding a rattlesnake) happened to look down into a gully to spy part of an old dirt-covered blister pack. I'm thinking, "Hey, this looks like...a flashlight blister pack! And it looks like there's still a flashlight in it!" (This is in the middle of nowhere OK?) I fished out a brand-new (but probably 1984 vintage) 2AA Teknalite. Who'd-a thunk it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
??!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif WOW!

Nice find SOTTO !!!! I bet thats going STRAIGHT on the collection shelf. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What kind of condition is it in?

You HAVE to post some pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
jtice:

There was just enough split in the blister pack that some sand and clay had filtered in, but a little rinse under the faucet took care of it. Works fine!

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just imagine, if a flashaholic 100 years from now found a McLux still in its wrapper, unopened, and thought they may have experienced an epiphany...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

You never know... 100 years from now, our grandkids may be lookin' back at the Luxeon Star as the LED that started it all...

pahl

Enlightened
What's a Luxeon Star?
On second thought maybe I should not ask.

If they are over $50 I don't want to know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's a Luxeon Star?
---------------------------

Uh oh!

I can just hear the thunderin' heard called CPF runnin' over and just screamin' in hysteria...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
"What's a luxeon star?"

Sacrilige!!! Burn him! Burn him! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sotto - amazing find!