Does anybody make a 4AA>D adapter?

zmoz

Enlightened
I know there's a bunch of 3AA to D adapters out there...but what about 4AA? Does anybody make one? I've decided it's too much work to do it myself...but I find it really hard to use only 3 AAs when I know 4 will fit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i tried making one...but i didn't have the tools /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

if i could print curcuit boards though, it would be quite easy.

Hemingray

Enlightened
A 4AA to D adapter (presuming the AAs are in a 2X2 array) would be too wide to fit inside a D-size light. I tried this, RatShack has an 8 AA holder, 2X2X2, it was a tad too fat to fit. Maybe a light with an over sized ID body might work, try a flashlite in which D cells rattle around.

I suppose one could put in 6 cells, leave one "corner" empty, wire it short with a jumper, and trim off excess plastic to make it fit.

/ed B in NH

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
fbff456b.jpg

fbff4568.jpg

It can be done... All it takes is the right diameter Mag D body... Apparently, some fit, and some don't... And the issue with the AA holders are: if they have extra side hangs or ends, they won't fit... You'll basically limit yourself to a self-made holder that's slim enough to hold the middle and keep the edges clear; and that's assumin' you can find the right Mag D body...

Hemingray, you can take that RadShack 8AA holder, file off the corners of the edges of the holder, even take off those flimsy roll-over flaps over the individual batteries, and it should then fit the larger diameter Mag bodies... There's enough space around the coils for a little give, to shorten the corners... Basically, if the top and base were more circular instead of squarish, it should fit...

jtice

Flashaholic
You had to go rubbing that sexy short mag in my face again dint you Falcon? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

It's just the question of finding the right Mag...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
but aren't the batteries wired up permanently on that batt holder?
it doesn't allow easy removal does it?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's why you see the charger outlet modded right into the tailcap and into the body of the battery compartment...

The glued together batts are there to stay, although I'm wondering if there's another way to attach those batts there and still be able to take them off whenever needed.

Hmm... Gives me an idea on a few 8AA batt holders I've already got... Time to grab some more sandpaper and files...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif