Lubing Nitecore D10 R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

moon88

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone. i am not sure if this forum already existed so i opened it.

i got my first EDC - Nitecore D10 R2 and i have to say that i love it. however i wiped off some of the factory lube on the o-ring / piston part and now the piston gives a click sound when pressed. its not smooth at all.

i wanted to ask help on how to lube the D10??

i have seen a lot of people talking abt which lube to use but can anyone please tell me the proper method of where to start, what parts to clean, where to apply the lube etc.

any help would be appreciated guys.

burntoshine

Enlightened
i had wrote nitecore to find out what they use at the factory when sending them out...

here's the link:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/237553

i've had my D10 R2 for i guess about a month or more now and haven't had to clean it or relube it yet.

however i have had an EX10 since they were released.

i recommend gunk silicone grease. it's about $2 or $3 at Lowe's and contains no petroleum.

the trick is to not put too much on.

to clean, i take the piston out and remove the o-ring. using paper towels and q-tips i get all the old lube cleaned off. using a tiny flat head screw driver, i apply the grease in the indentation where the o-ring goes. then i put the o-ring into its place. with the screw driver i take the excess and run it around the o-ring. now both sides of the o-ring is lubed. you don't want to have too much grease on the piston/o-ring. just a small to moderate amount.

one problem can be grease getting in between the bottom of the piston around the "button" and inside the bottom of the tube. i always slide the piston down into its spot and then take it back out, inspect the inside of the tube with a flashlight (clean off any lubrication you see around the bottom circle with a q-tip), and then wipe off any lube you see around the bottom of the piston around the "button".

hope that helps.

here's another thread on lubricating the D10: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/234340

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.