Quark series favorite body type

What is your favorite Quark configuration?

• QAA - Regular

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • QAA - Tactical

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • QAA2 - Regular

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • QAA2 - Tactical

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Q123 - Regular

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Q123 - Tactical

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Q123-2 - Regular

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Q123-2 - Tactical

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters

youreacrab

Enlightened
QAAT

tons of quality lights use 123's. a good 1xAA with an incredible UI is hard to come by--nothing else matches it in its category.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Quark Titanium 2xAA Regular

is what i've just ordered.

Of course, it's gonna' be a while before i receive it.

:popcorn:

_

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
QAAT

tons of quality lights use 123's. a good 1xAA with an incredible UI is hard to come by--nothing else matches it in its category.

tons of Quality 123s, but if a quark is THAT good that i havnt used any of my other lights since getting it. its gotta be pretty good.

Crenshaw

computernut

Enlightened
I got to handle all the sizes and thought the 123-2 was the best size, especially liked the rubber hand grip that comes in the box.

Xak

Enlightened
QAAT

+1, I like the idea of having a nice AA light that can take 14500 and alkaline but, I like the Q123-2 body, and runtimes on a 17650 the best.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just don't get it. Whats so good about 16340/CR123s?

They are small than AAs, but noy by THAT much...
plus if you use 2 x CR123, why not just use 18650s??
If find 17670 to be rarer, more expensive and have less capacity. whats the point?

please enlighten me, im still relatively new to the flashaholic world

as with favorite configuration, I'm bias towards 1xAA since AAs are more abundant AND can use 14500 (cheapest for li-ions w/ PCB).
So Quark AA Regular Ti is my favorite ;) (so it can tailstand). I like forward clickies, but lets face it, I'm not a law enforcement personnel, so no point for the extra reaction time.

but thats just me.

Last edited:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast

If find 17670 to be rarer, more expensive and have less capacity. whats the point?

as with favorite configuration, I'm bias towards 1xAA since AAs are more abundant AND can use 14500 (cheapest for li-ions w/ PCB).
So Quark AA Regular Ti is my favorite ;) (so it can tailstand). I like forward clickies, but lets face it, I'm not a law enforcement personnel, so no point for the extra reaction time.

but thats just me.

Most 18650 lights are pretty big, none are as small as the Q2x123.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find it interesting that there is no clear winner between the tactical and regular.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA tactical. If the body was a bit thicker it could have used 17500s as well and would be close to perfection.

Sverre

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most 18650 lights are pretty big, none are as small as the Q2x123.
well the smallest 18650 i can think of is..... MG L-mini II which is almost spot on with the Quark 123^2 in size

But say even the Jet-III M, it is really that annoyingly noticeably bigger than the Quark 123^2 when you put it in a bag or when on a belt, that'll justify these expensive CR123s?
Surely you won't put these things in your trouser's pockets, unless you have huge pockets.... lol

Any thoughts?

Some people prefer tactical switches even when they don't need them (e.g me), simply because it gives you more confidence IMO.

Last edited:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
For EDC I like the standard 1x123.The AA is OK but the 123 offers more power in a more compact package.I use lithium batteries anyway and can get CR123s online for less than Energizer lithium AAs.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
well the smallest 18650 i can think of is..... MG L-mini II which is almost spot on with the Quark 123^2 in size

But say even the Jet-III M, it is really that annoyingly noticeably bigger than the Quark 123^2 when you put it in a bag or when on a belt, that'll justify these expensive CR123s?
Surely you won't put these things in your trouser's pockets, unless you have huge pockets.... lol

Any thoughts?

Some people prefer tactical switches even when they don't need them (e.g me), simply because it gives you more confidence IMO.

The L-mini II seems like a decent light but is 18650 only and I like having the ability to carry CR123 primaries for backup. You can get CR123's online pretty cheap and alkalines tend to leak if left in a light.

Most of my shorts have pretty big pockets and I sometimes will put the Quark in my pocket and it is much less noticable than my 18650 light, same goes for holster carry.

In the Fall/Winter I will probably carry it in a jacket/coat.

Forward clickies are good for momentary operations even if you do not have a gun.

uplite

Enlightened
I have 123 and AA bodies. The 2-cell models are too long for me.

My favorite is the 123. It's smaller, lighter, and cleaner than the others. No extra seams/notch/ring for the clip like the other bodies. It has a real Max mode on primary cells, unlike the AA. And the finger grip fits perfectly, nice and secure. :twothumbs:

Tactical vs Regular should be a separate poll, since the tails & heads swap separately. Tails...I like both. Heads...I like the programmable one (tactical) a bit more. Though I really wish we could program a SEQUENCE of modes. Like High-Max-Medium-Low. 4sevens, are you listening? :poke: :)

-Jeff

Last edited:

Xak

Enlightened

but thats just me.

The Q123-2 can take 2 cr123, rcr123, 17670. The Q123-2 is not much bigger than a QAA, but with the 17670 has killer runtime. As far as 2x123 lights that take 18650, well 2xRCR123 is a bit brighter than the 18650, and run time is not bad at all depending on the light. I prefer 2xRCR123 over 18650 in my M20 Warrior.

I wish the regular tailcap was a forward clickie that can tail stand like the Lumapower Incindio, etc.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
QAA regular. Only Quark I own, and serves as my primary light using the 14500 cell.