P1D-CE alternative?

Noct

Newly Enlightened
I had a P1D-CE and it broke off my keychain. I notice that Fenix stopped producing this particular model. Well I see they have one in particular but this is like a special edition type deal, they don't have the normal lights anymore.

What would be a good alternative? I'm kind of partial towards Fenix as they've been good to me but am willing to try other brands. Compact size and the ability to go on my keychain as well as a similar brightness to the Fenix P1D-CE is ideal. Thank you.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:p1D's are very easy to find on B/S/T. But the SS LD01 although a little heavy is a real tank. But there are many choices. Most depend on $$$.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
as far as I knew all the new P1Ds were the same as "CE" I ordered mine and it automatically came with the premium Q5 emitter and I thought thats what made it a "CE" if not, I still love it

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
as far as I knew all the new P1Ds were the same as "CE" I ordered mine and it automatically came with the premium Q5 emitter and I thought thats what made it a "CE" if not, I still love it

CE...Cree Edition. They started with P4 lux bins.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
ok so now they are all CE b/c they don't come with the P4 lux anymore right?

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
not new from 4sevens/fenix store, unless i am really blind i only see the P1D with a premium Q5

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix-Store is not the only place Fenixes are sold, there are many, for instance EliteLed.

recDNA

Flashaholic
whats wrong with the p1d Q5?

i might want to try nitecores EZ123

I'm replacing my P1D Q5 with a Quark Titanium 1 X CR123 (clipless)....just because I really want to. I like the P1D a LOT.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
an excellent choice from what i have seen, my p1d was replaced by the quark123 with a clip awhile ago...that clip is so handy

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plenty of alternatives for 1xCR123 light, i got a Nitecore EX10 recently and its great. The bezel down clip is good, the tail end doesnt stick out of my pocket when its clipped there.

I personally find CR123 lights a bit bulky for my keychain, so a Fenix LD01 or a Raw NS sits there instead.