Catagories of brightness/throw

bwcaw

Enlightened
What lights fall in which catagory? How bright is the surge compared to the SL6, how does the D8 compare to the M6... I have often wondered how a certain light compares to one that I already own, and would like you guys to help me compile a list
of lights that are of similar brighness. For instance, in the 1-2led group you would have the stylus, arc aaa, photon I, II , and III, etc.
Thanks!
grin.gif

Ratso

Enlightened
The SL6 is definitely brighter than the Surge. It is a 9 volt light and has a higher wattage rating too. The Surge has a wider spot but the SL6 has a thin ultra long throw spot and still has lots of side "spill" light. The D8, from what I have heard, has a relatively wide spot, while the M6 has a tighter spot (not as tight as the SL6).

Narrow to Wide
1. SL6
2. M6
3. Surge
4. D8

rlhess

Enlightened
The SL6 has about 8x the peak brightness of the D8 while the D8 puts out about 2x the total light of the SL6.

I don't own an M6 or Surge.

The APPROXIMATE numbers are:
Candela Lumens Run Time Batt
D8 1500 350 ~~6h 8D
SL6 13,000 200 ~~3h 6C

Cheers,

Richard

rlhess

Enlightened
The Vector is 100,000 cd and the Brinkmann is 65,000 cd. They run maybe 20 minutes (haven't done a charge test), they're really heavy and the Brinkmann with its non-movable pistol grip is hard to store. The Vector is quite a bit nicer. I have it in a six-pack cooler. The handle rotates from pistol grip to lantern grip. The AC and DC chargers fit in the cooler. This is a Costco-only version, I fear (and I'm not even a member of Costco).

As you saw in my sig. I keep the Vector in the car. I was able to use it to light up the ocean and see waves breaking 250 feet away. I could see less with the SL6 and the D8 didn't penetrate nearly that far...but, for walking, the D8 just lights up the path. I was out one night around my house and as I walked along, I saw an orb spider web up and to the right with the D8, with most other lights (like the SL6 or E2e), I would have missed that.

Cheers,

Richard