NTI 6Z value?

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a guy with a heavily used 6Z. He paid $60-ish back in the 90's. It has a LOT of wear. More interesting is that it is a serialed light from NTI. the National Tactical Invitational. #88. What do you guys think it is worth? I don't want to short change the guy. Obviously it'worth is what I'm willing to spend. He doesn't think it is worth $60. I told him I'm willing to buy it for $60.

Team Member

Enlightened
If he doesn´t think that it´s worth 60 and you still offer him that amount, well then both will be happy. Seems like a fair deal to me..

It´s a win-win situation..

Probably he thinks you crazy...:crackup:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many people even know what the National Tactical Invitational is? It might have some value to those folks who are into firearms self-defense and force-on-force exercises. If that includes you, then maybe offer the full $60. But having attended the NTI many times myself, I personally wouldn't pay any extra for the light. Of course, I wouldn't pay extra for any custom branded light since I don't care about cosmetics. If this particular NTI light belongs to a past Shottist or other name practitioner, that may change things. For example, if it belongs to John Farnam, and there is documentation to prove it, that could be cool. If it is from Joe Blow, who cares. I would offer the going rate for a used, plain 6Z.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. I guess this thread is useless without pics. Oh and the guy agreed to $60 plus s/h

light001.jpg

light002.jpg