• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired DIY 18650 Li-Ion Cell Holders - Buy them here! *Closed December order now*

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdnative

Newly Enlightened
DIY 18650 Li-Ion Cell Holders - Buy them here!

This forum is for custom flashlights, not for other custom items. It may be re posted at the Market Place in the appropriate forum. This thread is closed.

I am posting up some parts I've therefore made molds for and can reproduce for anyone that is interested. I've used several for my own DIY light projects, which range from 300 - 2000+ lumen setups.

"Recently was playing with some 2 part plastic resins, and after good strength results decided to make some new cell holder molds.

Result was several high quality DIY holders for 18650 Li-Ion cells.

Several options and common wiring configs, all of which I've adapted to many of the lights I have kicking around."

2X - 3.7 or 7.4 Volts - $7.95
3X - 3.7 or 11.1 Volts - $12.95
4X - 3.7, 7.4 and 14.8 Volts - $14.95
5X - 3.7 and 18.5 Volts (same holder as below)
6X - 3.7, 7.4, 11.1, and 22.2 Volts - $19.95

Check out POST # 46 for the NEW 4X & 6X flatpack options!!

$2.50 flat rate USA shipping, other countries welcome too, we will ship all over the world!

Below are pics of my parts. PM me directly if interested in having your own that look just as nice as these.

Questions, comments? Please visit the main forum thread if you need to start an offshoot topic or have other general questions. Thanks!

4X Compact Back-to-Back
100_1727-01.jpg

5 / 6X Compact Back-to-Back
100_1749-01.jpg

2X Flatpack
100_1736-01.jpg

3X Flatpack
100_1750-01.jpg

Check out POST # 46 for the NEW 4X & 6X flatpack options!!

A few info updates:

What I offer are DIY kits. You will get the parts as pictured above, and you will need to supply the wiring and wire harness for your particular light or charger setup. Wiring is entirely up to you.

It is perfectly OK to solder the tabs once they are installed on the holder. The plastic has a high melting temp (high enough).

Solder to one side of the hoop directly on the top surface, don't bother with the wire hoop.

Drill holes is needed as shown here >>

Last edited by a moderator:

sdnative

Newly Enlightened
Re: DIY 18650 Li-Ion Cell Holders, Take 2

Shipping outside the US.

Generally for most small shipments outside of the USA, USPS 1st class (1-2weeks) is about $5. If you would like to order several holders (2+ 6 cell holders, 3+ 4X holders, and larger), or would like a faster more secure shipment method, this cost is going to be a little more.

If not sure, just PM me, I'll do a lookup so we get it right the 1st time. Thanks!

GLOCK18

Enlightened

Do you offer any kits for the 6 x 17670 or 6 x AW C cell?

sdnative

Newly Enlightened

Do you offer any kits for the 6 x 17670 or 6 x AW C cell?

Nope sorry.

How different are the sizes of those cells? ...or I guess, what are the dimesions and I can bounce them off the 18650's I got?

I use 18650's cause of the manageable size, low price & availability, and excellent capacity. Curious, how do the above stack up?

Got links?

DM51

Flashaholic

I've moved 3 posts from here to the other thread in accordance with the OP's justifiable wish to keep this as a sales thread.

I'm very glad to see these are now available for sale - please expect a PM and order from me very soon!

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: DIY 18650 Li-Ion Cell Holders - sales thread

I've also changed the thread title to distinguish it from your other one.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

sdnative,

Nice looking product! Could you give the measurements of the 6x as well as the 3x please?

Norm

Retired Administrator

Just bumping this thread, I can't understand why there hasn't been more excitement about these.
Norm

Hammer Train

Banned

Is it possible to use the 6x holder to charge 6x 18650 cells at once using a smart charger?

DM51

Flashaholic

YES! But if you notice, the 6x is in a 3-face-up, 3-face-down configuration. I've ordered a number of 3-cell holders so all mine will be face-up.

These are the best charging holders I've seen yet, and perfect for any CPFer who wants to charge several cells at once, especially if you use a hobby charger.

Billy Berue

Newly Enlightened

:bump: Just a friendly bump. I purchased 3 of these excellent looking holders earlier today--a 2x, 3x, and 4x. Can't wait to give them a try. Thanks, sdnative!

sdnative

Newly Enlightened

YES! But if you notice, the 6x is in a 3-face-up, 3-face-down configuration. I've ordered a number of 3-cell holders so all mine will be face-up.

These are the best charging holders I've seen yet, and perfect for any CPFer who wants to charge several cells at once, especially if you use a hobby charger.

Ahhhh, now I get it. I mean seriously, who would that many 3X holders? Thanks btw for the order DM

PS, I've had some requests for wider flats, now understanding why. Hmmmmm ....gears turning.

Last edited:

sdnative

Newly Enlightened
Update on Kit Details.

What I offer are DIY kits. You will get the parts as pictured above, and you will need to supply the wiring and wire harness for your particular light.

Wiring is entirely up to you.

Due to the volume of email questions and paypal's with wiring instructions attached, this obviously wasn't clear, and I apologize.

Keep em coming :thumbsup:

GLOCK18

Enlightened

I would be interested in a holder that would hold six 18650 and 17670 on the same side.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

The holders look great!

I just ordered a 4x, directly from your site.

TB

smopoim86

Enlightened

Is there a discount for multiples like on your site? I'm thinking about getting some for balance charging on a hobby charger and was wanting 6-8 single sided. 4 2cell holders would probably work best.

Daniel

ubetit

Newly Enlightened

You definately need to add 4, 6 and 8 cell one-sided holders for us hobby charger guys. I'd wire up an 8 cell in series with balance wires to charge from 2-8 cells at any given time. I'll buy a few 2 cell holders in the meantime. I'll probably mount mine on a piece of metal or wood.

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

I ordered off of the site today and already have shipping notice. The same service I like to give

Thank You for a good product

Dave

sdnative

Newly Enlightened

I would be interested in a holder that would hold six 18650 and 17670 on the same side.

Problem is that 2 - 3X solve that need

Can bond on the sides if you need a 1 piece also.

I've had requests for flat 4X holders, that could be doable, since I'm needing a 8X holder for my bike lights soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.