new UKE 4AA (-ES2)

artar

Enlightened
there is a new UKE 4AA named ES2 on the market.

4aa_es1_2.jpg

Gandalf

Enlightened
Looks like they added a switch to it, which is a great idea, without making it larger. Where are they available?

artar

Enlightened
http://www.ph-import.com/x755/exschutz_uk03.html
now there are 2 lamps for the 4AA/Q40/2L

part no : 14801 -> this is the old lamp, certified Zone 2:
SNCH 01 ATEX 3297
II 3G EEx nL IIC T4 Zone 1:
SNCH 01 ATEX 3296
II 2G EEx ia e IIB T3
the web-page aboth say its is the high output lamp (2 watt)

part no : 14806 -> this is new,
certified Zone 2:
SNCH 01 ATEX 3297
II 3G EEx nL IIC T5 Zone 1:
SNCH 01 ATEX 3296
II 2G EEx ia e IIB T4

the web-page aboth say its is the low output lamp (2 watt)

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by artar:
here in germany it is available at ph-import.com

i hope the make the q40 also with the switch.
the light above is the uke 4AA.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have the 4AA with the new switch, which I reviewed in a past post. I haven't seen it yet on the Q40.

One excellent feature of 4AA/Q40/2L is their common bezel which turns easily with proper lubrication, allowing for convenient one hand operation even without a switch.

....now there are 2 lamps for the 4AA/Q40/2L....

the web-page aboth say its is the high output lamp (2 watt)

the web-page aboth say its is the low output lamp (2 watt)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Since they are both 2W, I believe the difference will be in "candlepower", achieved through a tighter focusing reflector. This is the same approach Streamlight used to make the Stinger HP/HPXT "brighter" than the Stinger. Same wattage, tighter focus.

Brightnorm

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I have one of these courtesy of Onyx. (I really will send your stuff soon Onyx - really!!!).

It has a bright and slightly oval beam, not as tight as I was led to believe. I like it, and the switch allows me to hold it like a writing instrument.

It came from Brightuys.com

arioch

Enlightened
Ditto with Playboy JoeShmoe's evaluation.

I just got mine in the mail on Monday from Brightguy , and like it so far; it is a pretty good light for its size and cost.

Xenon lamp is relatively bright(for alkaline), and while not the prettiest or sharpest beam pattern, does have a good throw distance.

With the initial cost and use of AA batteries, it is a well made, efficient, low cost light, IMHO.
grin.gif

artar

Enlightened
i asked UKE customer service about the difference berween tha LA 14801 and 14806.
here is the answer:

"... same lumens rating, just differnet safety class ratings."

brightnorm

Flashaholic
i asked UKE customer service about the difference berween tha LA 14801 and 14806.
here is the answer:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmm,

That's inconsistant with their designations:
"Low output lamp" and "high output lamp".

Since both lamps operate within a sealed environment I'm also curious about the different "safety class ratings". Did they expand on any of that?

Brightnorm

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Originally posted by PlayboyJoeShmoe:
I have one of these courtesy of Onyx. (I really will send your stuff soon Onyx - really!!!).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">tehehe... hold that thought.
smile.gif
By coming Monday I will have achieved my savings goal, so I'll have even more $$$ to spend on lights - I'm thinkin' SL rechargeable (like yours?!).

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of these lights (but know it by UK 4AA AS2...got it from BrightGuy).

It is a great light!

I run it with NiMHs and while it is a little dimmer than with Alkalines, it is still plenty bright for my "spot light items of interest on an evening walk" usage. I too thought the spot would be tighter, but...am still quite happy with it!

I wish UK would offer a lamp module optimized for NiMH and optimized for the tightest spot!
(only a dream I think)
smile.gif
I love the compactness of this design and I really, really like the switch!

I carry it while using a PT Attitude for my "main" light; PT puts out a nice, white flood beam for walking while still mostly preserves my night vision.

artar

Enlightened
Originally posted by brightnorm:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by artar:
here is the answer:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmm,

That's inconsistant with their designations:
"Low output lamp" and "high output lamp".

Since both lamps operate within a sealed environment I'm also curious about the different "safety class ratings". Did they expand on any of that?

Brightnorm
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">no, there was no further explanation. i got only this one sentence.

arioch

Enlightened
I'm curious; anyone try the AS2 with lithiums? I have a 4 pack waiting to find a home in the right light.
grin.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Onyx:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by PlayboyJoeShmoe:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">tehehe... hold that thought.
smile.gif
By coming Monday I will have achieved my savings goal, so I'll have even more $$$ to spend on lights - I'm thinkin' SL rechargeable (like yours?!).
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Uh Oh! Now I gotta start thinking BIGGER box again!

If you get an UltraStinger as most say, it will need to be a significantly bigger box... an HP or Stinger less so... and I think the HP is pretty good for it's size.

Do what ya gotta do man!