Quark 123x2 neutral - Anyone texted moon mode length?

passive101

Enlightened
I have this light and love it. I am wondering if anyone has tested to see if the light can really be on for a month :twothumbs

HKJ

Flashaholic
I doubt that anyone has tested that, but I have measured the current draw and for moonlight it is 2mA, with 2x1500mAh CR123 batteries this gives around 31 days in runtime. Its real runtime might be a bit shorter, due to increased current draw, when the battery voltage drops.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
But anyways, the only person on here who would do something like this is selfbuilt. I did not read through his entire review thread, but I am sure it can be calculated with his results.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Wouldn't the test still be in progress?
Sorry guys, I don't intend to do these sorts of runtimes - I think the 2mA current draw reported by HKJ should give you a pretty good general estimate.

Of course, you don't need me to do it anyway - anyone who has one could simply turn it on and let it run for a month and see what happens. :rolleyes:

But more fundamentally, it would be too difficult to interpret without a large sample size. I've noticed that Vf differences between emitters create a lot runtime variability at really low drive currents on other lights. Although I don't know how well the Quark circuit deals with Vf variability (or even what sort of Vfs are typically found in the Quark emitters), I'd expect huge variances from one sample to another. Just a fact of life. :shrug:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ill text my quark and find out....:D

sorry, couldnt resist, but I suspect we will have to do something like the HDS beacon mode run time thing to find out

Crenshaw